What are these figurines?

Lightning88

I found these figurines while beach hunting in NJ. Rang up with iron sound. Looks like a human figure kneeling, with hands and feet bound behind in chains. I can see the chain links. Looks like there may be some bits of stone or bone or something mixed in. Any idea of the origins of this?

There is another figurine in the photos with a long skinny head and a pot belly. You can kinda see the nose on the face of it. It's in two pieces. This was found in a similar location but not on the same trip.
Any ID on this one too?

They are both about 2" long, but the first one has more girth and is heavier. Would like to know the origins of these if anyone has an idea. Thanks!

Link to photos...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rXyG7qCruSf6xxUu2

Last edited:
I found these figurines while beach hunting in NJ. Rang up with iron sound. Looks like a human figure kneeling, with hands and feet bound behind in chains. I can see the chain links. Looks like there may be some bits of stone or bone or something mixed in. Any idea of the origins of this?

There is another figurine in the photos with a long skinny head and a pot belly. You can kinda see the nose on the face of it. It's in two pieces. This was found in a similar location but not on the same trip.
Any ID on this one too?

They are both about 2" long, but the first one has more girth and is heavier. Would like to know the origins of these if anyone has an idea. Thanks!

I'm not seeing any pictures. Is it just me?

Sorry, I had the link for the pictures up but temporarily had to take it down to fix something. :grin: How do you guys usually add pictures? Mine are too high resolution for direct upload.

I have to email them to me. Outlook gives you the option to resize the pictures before they are sent. I just save the smaller sized pics to my phone. I'm able to upload them with no problem. I'm sure there are programs and apps that will resize them, but the email thing works for me. I seem to just stick with what works.

Thanks. I tried reducing them but they didn't show enough detail. I got the link fixed, and added back to the original post.

Thanks. I tried reducing them but they didn't show enough detail. I got the link fixed, and added back to the original post.

I looked at the link with the pictures. I'm no help. They look like cat turds more than anything else. :lol: (sorry couldn't help myself)

:lol: I got that a few times already. But if you look carefully at the photos. (Rotating them probably helps) you can see a kneeling figure with its hands and feet bound in chains behind its back.

To be honest, I thought it was just a chunk of metal when I found it until I inspected it at home I saw the chain links detail and the human figure kneeling.

I use Tapatalk to post to the forums. Size doesn't seem to matter. Of course that can't be used on a computer.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I click on my Gallery (android) and chose the items, Share, Share to gmail and send to myself
open them on my computer in mspaint
click resize
choose 25%
save and upload to the forum
works for me every time

Thanks. Maybe I'll try that next time. I think the resize distorted for me because the source image aspect ratio was weird.

I'm not too sure that they are figurines, they look like what happens to iron in salt water for too long. Encrusted nails would be my best guess.

Mr. Hankey ?

Attachments

• IMG_6654.jpg
    IMG_6654.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom