Jesse James' Hidden Treasure Re-Playing Dec. 6, 2009

30U Plymouth

Elite Member
For those of you that may have missed the last show about "Jesse James' Hidden Treasure" it will air again Dec. 6, 2009 @ 8:00 PM Central Standard Time on the History channel.

I thought it was very interesting......

HH

Thanks for the heads up, I missed the first 5 minutes the first time it was on.

I hear that is the part where he buries the jar of Morgans himself.:roll:

It was very interesting as well as a bit concerning. As someone who has dug my fair share of buried items, some of this stuff just didn't look right. Pay close attention to the mason jar of silver and gold. I've dug a lot of glass that has been in the ground and never have I dug any that was so crystal clear. Also the lid looked far to clean to have been in the ground for any length of time. Later they dug just a mason jar lid that was in pieces. Now that is how all the mason jar lids I've dug looked like.

Still a good watch

It was very interesting as well as a bit concerning. As someone who has dug my fair share of buried items, some of this stuff just didn't look right. Pay close attention to the mason jar of silver and gold. I've dug a lot of glass that has been in the ground and never have I dug any that was so crystal clear. Also the lid looked far to clean to have been in the ground for any length of time. Later they dug just a mason jar lid that was in pieces. Now that is how all the mason jar lids I've dug looked like.

Still a good watch

I thought the same thing. Another point that I was wondering about was when they found the ingot. It seemed awfully deep and "sideways" to be found with a detector. I wish I had that kind of luck with just coins! Curt

Still a good watch

I couldn't agree more. I have a lot of problems with the way that stuff came out of the ground. I too have dug a number of lids and broken jars and none looked so pristine. here's a picture of one I dug recently It is a "Boyd's Genuine Porcelain lined cap" From what Iv'e researched this would be the type of cap they used from Jessies time up until th 1940's

Attachments

• 1204091508.jpg
    1204091508.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 9,645
:hmmm:Here are my thoughts:

1: The first find of coins, if they were worth as much as they said possibly $100,000 if they were Jesse's they would not have handled them so carelesly by rubbing the dirt off with their gloves.
2: If the coins had been buried in the glass jar why was the jar lid not attached to the broken top of the jar when they pulled it out of the ground?
3: Why was the jar lid, broken jar and coins so clean being buried over 100 years?
4: The gold bar they found was pulled out from under a tree by someone laying on their stomach reaching almost an arms length under the tree roots to get it. How did a metal detector give them a signal for something under a tree?
5: The last big dig, a box supposedly 16-20 feet down they couldn't dig it up with the backhoe they had, they said they needed bigger heavier equipment.....did the people who buried it (if there really was something buried there) have bigger heavier equipment when they buried it?
6: Why did they need someone to sit on a hill with a gun?

The answer to these questions is found in one of the last statements of the show: "Pastore must stop until he gets the funding and the gear he needs"

That's what this whole thing is about getting funding from investors to support the teams treasure hunting hobby..... But that is just my opinion.

Yep, exactly right on all accounts. I found one more you missed. When they dug the "broken jar of coins", the coins were supposed to have been buried in the jar, right? So why were all of the coins encased in dirt? They should have been laying in a loose pile surrounded by broken glass.

And yeah, I cringed when I saw them grinding dirt across those coins.

All very valid points! I've watched it twice now and decided the recoveries we saw were "re-enactments" of recovered items from other places or times. If Pastore truly needed funding, how much could he get for those coins and gold bar? If they were buried by the James gang, they ought to be quite valuable...

Pastore would have to be able to prove a provenance, something that absolutely linked the coins to James. I think his "finding" of them on camera is his weak attempt at that. But it takes a lot more than just claiming to have found them in the area where a "JJ" was carved onto a rock.

Sadly, I don't think there is a single peice of outlaw loot buried that could be linked to a specific person/gang or robbery. Most stolen money was divided immediately, so a hidden portion couldn't even be linked back to a specific robbery.

The whole show left any rational and reasonable person scratching their heads in doubt and disbelief. I can only assume this "Survey Team" is attempting to get further funding by making these rediculous claims. I mean come on, did you see the museum quality of these coins coming "directly out of a 140 or whatever years of being burried in the dirt?"

Last edited:
I loved watching the show as far as the history of Jesse James goes, but the rest was just comical! I mean come on, those guy's had no clue how to use that equipment or let alone what it was telling them. They are digging for an anomaly on a hill that is 20' down? Do they really think that a group of bank robbers on the run are going to dig a 20' hole with a no#2 shovel, because that's all they would have. And everyone of those guy's thought that "gold" bar was brass :?: Even if this was a reenactment they should have done it way more professionally. Also was wondering, why was the main dude wearing a badge on his belt? Some kind of top secret treasure digging guy :yes:

Im suskeptable

Seen gold come out of saltwater beach untarnished but never seen silver look so good after so many years.

And whats with the side arms and badges? They dont need no stinkin badges.

The real treasure is the royalty money they get paid every time the network airs it...

Afraid it does not work that way! They do not get any royalities from the History Channel. I should know as I have appeared in a few episodes on different subjects for the History and Discovery Channels. Heck your lucky if the send you a copy of the program!

Yes the finds were an reenactment but the finds are true!

If it is a true treasure, 20 feet is nothing! Have you ever heard of Oak Island?

One of the guest speakers in the program, Roy Roush, will be the main guest speaker at the FMDAC 2010 Spring Festival at Goldfield Ghost Town, AZ in May. He is an expert on the KGC (Knights of the Golden Circle) and has authored 4 books on the subject.

The finds were not presented as a reenactment, they were presented as an actual find, which still makes it fake.

Oak island is completely different, and nothing has even been proved to be there.

The show was a sham, a fake, and a scam on the viewers. Pastore is a sharlatan.

My opinion:

Way too much about the death of jesse james. Not a lot on the treasure.

Back
Top Bottom