8 hours in

goldpaninut

I decided to detect my favorite lake here in Southern Oregon a couple days ago, and arrived at 7 am. The morning was a cool 48degrees, and beautiful, with the crystal clear water calm. I have detected this place heavily and its getting hard to find good coins now. Detecting most the day I had only found 3 wheat cents, a 41-S, 44-D, & a 48-D. At 8 hours in I got a 27/28 signal at 3" on my Nox 800, and wouldn't ya know, up popped a Mercury dime on my digger! Carefully removing a little mud I saw it was a 1940-D in excellent fine condition! About 5 pm I headed back to the truck to grab a bite to eat and put a little charge on the detector. I spent the rest of the day looking for more silver, but none was to come. My total for the day was $8.11 plus a couple little extras. At 7:30 pm these 70 year old bones were getting tired, so I headed them home!

Attachments

• IMG_3408.jpg
    IMG_3408.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_3411.jpg
    IMG_3411.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_E3401.jpg
    IMG_E3401.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_3405.jpg
    IMG_3405.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_3415.jpg
    IMG_3415.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_3399.jpg
    IMG_3399.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
OK, two things stand out in this post. First, NICE LAYOUT! The labelled lineups, the crisp, side-lighted coin photos, all very crisp...with some gorgeous scenery tossed in. Excellent!
Second, with those kind of hours put in, I'd say 70 is still a young age for you. Many younger folks would have had their "old bones" give out before all that!

Amazing

I agree with Foragist..I`m 56 and could never have held up detecting for that long.Congrats on your finds and great stamina!

This is Mt. Mcloughlin here in Southern Oregon. It last erupted around 2000 years ago. Its side profile sure reminds me of Mt. St. Helens & its huge landslide.

Thanks foragist, I really appreciate that. I have my own treasure site on Facebook called "Little Treasures.....Lost & Found", and I hate it when people don't do their best on their posts. Thanks again!

Beautiful vista.

Oregon and Washington are gorgeous and the climate it just right.

HH.

Silver, wheat cents, lots of clad, plus the little car & the fishing lure... sounds like a fun hunt! I love seeing pretty pictures of God's creation; and your photo, with the mountain range overlooking the forest line & the crystal lake, is gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom