caches! Do they exist?

crookedtoes

There seems to be some speculation on whether or not caches really exist. May I throw a few thoughts your way? Not too many years ago I heard of a guy, when he'd get home from work would throw his change in the hole in a hollow tree that was in his yard. Years later the tree fill over and there was over a wheel-barrel full. Do not animals stash or bury food to be ate on later? I believe that humans are no different than animals. Our neighbor, who is now in her 80's once told me that she hid 5 rings back their lane, but never could find them again. So I believe that caches are out there to be found, even though my brother Ray and I have yet to come across one. I get excited just finding pocket spills! Now, in all reality do you think if a person was to come across a cache that they would want to advertise it? That would be like going down through the center of town and shouting out "I won the lottery" :wow: :shock

I think they exist. I would want to post my find on here, but would be a bit hesitant. I wouldn't want the government to take it from me. I've heard stories of that happening.

I think they exist. I would want to post my find on here, but would be a bit hesitant. I wouldn't want the government to take it from me. I've heard stories of that happening.

I would post a cache on here if I found one. I'm sure the govt would want their share (not sure the tax laws regarding finds) but they would be hard pressed to prove that I had actually found one.

When I find one this summer, I will let you guys know!

YES

There was a chipmunk who lived under my deck, he would go out stash acorns under my deck. Well one day I was walking my dog, and I see a little chipmunk got hit by a car. and his little cache of acorns and nuts will stay under my deck until

A. another chipmunk comes along and discovers it
B. a human finds them and cleans it up
C. nature dissolves them and they become natural fertilizer

So as the Chipmunk world goes, so does the human worlds. There are stashes out there. they just need to be found!!

They do exist I know people who bury them. You can also check youtube and see people burying them and giving tips on how to throw off detectors.

In the old days where people didnt trust banks, they hid their money on their property. However, most folks did not have much spare cash. They would bury a can in an area where they could keep an eye on it. If there was an old barn, or chicken coop, you might search around there. Some folks even had a pipe sticking out of the ground running into the can where they dropped there coins into.

Under stair ways, dirt cellars, and look for hollowed out fence posts. If you notice a tree with a piece of string hanging from a branch, check it out.

My only cache ever found consisted of about twenty pennies, a nickel and a dime. Come to find out my daughter when she was 6 buried the coins in the back yard and forgot about them-

Happy Hunting, remember the thrill may be in the hunt, but I prefer the find....:D

Before trusting in banks people did bury their stuff..the roman hordes were simply people burying their stuff to avoid being robbed of their entire fortune.

Villages actually buried pots with coins in them as gifts to the gods, Egyptians did it with corn, etc.

I'm sure there are hordes out there the likes of which would shock people and deep scanners when they become manageable to the level of a detector and one person holdable and usable in solo will discover some of these in America, etc.

If you think of the azteks, mayans etc hiding their stuff from the Spanish, some had to come to the conclusion that to bury something can hide it and ill bet some future hordes will come from those sources

Yes they do exist and yes people do find them, some find more than one.
I don't believe to many people would come out and say directly they have found one, especially if it was a bunch of gold coins or something. If you look closely you may even find little hints or tiny pics of what some people on this site have found. ;)

Of course they exist ! I once rented a house that needed cleaning out and some work . The deal was, whatever was in the house was mine to do whatever I wanted with it. Well , this house used to be a gas station/bar in the 20's and every paper that was ever in connection with the building was saved. Long story short, while unrolling receipts I stumbled across a roll of 20 dollar bills, 600 hundred dollars to be exact. Later that night I started searching for more when my girlfriend at the time (wife now) got home from work. We found 10 dollar notes under the rug in a closet, clad silver hidden in the washroom,and seashells in the heat register lol. When it was all over , We found over 1600 dollars, enough to pay the deposit on the house and first months rent, buy a used range and fridge and We were spent out. No more no less. My point is, not only was the money hidden, it was hidden in several locations and seperated by denomination and the silver was seperated from the pennies. The seashells, well that was just funny :laughing: Probably not the cache you may have been thinking of or would hunt but a prime example of how people think.
There seems to be some speculation on whether or not caches really exist. May I throw a few thoughts your way? Not too many years ago I heard of a guy, when he'd get home from work would throw his change in the hole in a hollow tree that was in his yard. Years later the tree fill over and there was over a wheel-barrel full. Do not animals stash or bury food to be ate on later? I believe that humans are no different than animals. Our neighbor, who is now in her 80's once told me that she hid 5 rings back their lane, but never could find them again. So I believe that caches are out there to be found, even though my brother Ray and I have yet to come across one. I get excited just finding pocket spills! Now, in all reality do you think if a person was to come across a cache that they would want to advertise it? That would be like going down through the center of town and shouting out "I won the lottery" :wow: :shock

I was thinking about this last night. I always fifure to "dig" a cache you have to be prepared to dig big signals and go home with a lot of farm junk. With that said. I actually know someone that has a "cache." A home I worked on about 10 years ago, got to be a good friend of owners. He had a secret cabinet built into his home....a whole book/display shelf that opened up into a concrete vault. Wasn't even locked. I didn't know anything about silver value at the time but he later moved likely several hundred pounds (of bars) in there. I saw them. Note this guy is a multi multi multi millionere. Just thought it was funny he was a hoarder too.

They are out there. Never found one my self. But have talked to a few people who have and others that keep saying "My aunt,grandma or some other person buried this and that when I was a kid" It doesn't have to be a big amount to be a cache So if you find one go ahead and shout it's yours.

They definitely exist because I FOUND ONE TODAY and here is the picture to prove it! And as a good law abiding tax payer I will gladly declare it and send Mr. Tax Man his fair share. 8 pull tabs on their way Mr. President :kingdances:

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,626
I know they exist. I have both buried one and lost it. Also a couple weeks ago my father in law and I were on the beach when he got a good hit. Father digging down about a foot and a half he found a bunch of beer cans.

They exist. An old dairy-man told of the silver coins he seperated out and hid while he was on his death bed. The family then found it. 20 years worth of silver coins from his milk deliveries in gallon jugs in a stone wall.

They exist for sure. the one and only (so far) was is a paint can behind a door, under the basement stairs. 100 silver half dollars wrapped in aluminum foil. 1917-1963. Almost had a heart attack.

Back
Top Bottom