Old cache found! Lots of silver!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this really happened ?? it not just the eggnog talking???
1. who works on Christmas?
2. someone wanted you to work on Christmas but later became upset you put in an extra hour?
3.you didn't stay to get the other bags??
4. You showed the home owners a bag of silver coins and they let you keep it?? just let you keep it? didn't ask where you found it??? just said "oh,you found a bag of silver in the house we own, keep it dude!!

some advice.... next time you make up a story, at least make it believable. You should have just posted .. Hey Santa is real, look at the bag of silver he gave me !!

Yeah! It's just a bank bag with some chump change in it, OK, you can keep it..:lol: LIKE THAT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. Oh, it must be April Fools!

True story or not, who cares. Why do you keep swinging that detector? So you can dig more garbage up? Why bother spending hours to maybe pay for the gas? You know why you do, because we all remember those stories about the so and so gang burying a chest of stolen gold in the hills, or the whatchmacallit brothers burying their loot of money in fields in mason jars from all the whiskey they sold during the prohibition period, or the themtherefellas boys that stole guns and equipment from the men chasing them and cached it in the desert and hills. It is stories like this that let the dreamer in all of us come out! I appreciate the tale. Out metal detecting forts and relic hunting I get a good hit and the song "Ecstasy of Gold" from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly starts playing in my head. if we can't dream of finding that chest, or that stash, or whatever we are hunting for, why hunt?

just so i get all the facts, your a 16 years old and worked a 10 hour shift on Christmas. you were cleaning out the house because the people were going to start showing the house at 5 p.m. on Christmas day??? I'm no real estate expert but that seem an odd time for an open house.

True story or not, who cares. Why do you keep swinging that detector? So you can dig more garbage up? Why bother spending hours to maybe pay for the gas? You know why you do, because we all remember those stories about the so and so gang burying a chest of stolen gold in the hills, or the whatchmacallit brothers burying their loot of money in fields in mason jars from all the whiskey they sold during the prohibition period, or the themtherefellas boys that stole guns and equipment from the men chasing them and cached it in the desert and hills. It is stories like this that let the dreamer in all of us come out! I appreciate the tale. Out metal detecting forts and relic hunting I get a good hit and the song "Ecstasy of Gold" from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly starts playing in my head. if we can't dream of finding that chest, or that stash, or whatever we are hunting for, why hunt?

Agreed we are all looking for that "once in a lifetime" find and absolutely LOVE to hear stories of others big finds. Real finds. It just seems so awfully bizarre the original story and then when I look into it further the OP has been buying and selling silver lots on Ebay for over a decade, his Youtube videos from months ago show many of the same coins with the exact same patina, some of the same oddball (foreign) coins posted on youtube just happened to be found in the canvas bag (which is also referenced in his youtube video from september) "Mercs, mixed dates. Fillin up a canvas bag with em" (9/12) including a Phillipine coin that the OP says in his youtube video he likes to purchase when he sees them for sale because of his Nationality? And there just happens to be one in this bizarre assortment of coins that was just discovered? As Kramer would say...."It's ANOTHER Festivus Miracle!!!" Why would someone saving silver decades ago put Buffalo Nickels in the bag?

And you even have gold coins.....including a $5 gold piece like Curtis dug in NV in your personal collection.....only yours is a mint 1913 (youtube videos on your link showing your personal hoard) WOW! You have purchased some very, very nice coins as a teenager. Even a couple repeats of the ones you found in this cache. What an amazing and extensive collection. You sure look to be more in your 40s or 50s in your youtube videos (flipping through your incredible coin collection) than you do a teenager. I must admit I hope I am wrong and there really was a teenager working on Christmas Day that walked away from bank bags full of coins because he had to pick up his Grandmother but something just isn't passing the smell test here. I mean, with the awesome and valuable collection you already have, todays find would simply be chump change, almost unworthy of posting. Then again, I'm sure I have posted many of my rusty finds that people just shook their heads at. Can't wait for the video!

Careful remember what happened to that guy in PA that got called out for planting finds.

Please explain some of these things for me....

you stated:

"I was cleaning cabinets getting read for them to get knocked off … The family I was working with were showing the house to buy…. I didn't have the tools accessible that would be necessary to crack open that wall."

So you were cleaning a house, so the owners could show it, even though it's not ready? You were clearing the cabinets so they could be knocked off the wall, right before the owners showed the house? You plan on going back and tearing open a wall in a house that the owners are showing to buyers?

You also stated:
"my shift was over and I sold be going back soon to finish the job since I'm the only one allowed.... they wouldn't let me back in the house my time was over.... They were upset tha I was there an hour past what I was supposed to be there until."

You continually refer to this freelance type of work as working a "shift" like you are clocking in at the local grocery store?? You claim the family you are cleaning the house for, is upset because you worked longer "cleaning" the house? Then you also claimed that even though you worked long you aren't getting paid because you didn't keep track of the hours, even though you knew you worked longer than you were supposed to?

Then you said:
"I needed some extra cash that the homeowners pay after each time you come to give my parents for Christmas. I was typing this half asleep in my bed on my iPad so makes sense"

so you have all this money to buy and sell silver on ebay for 10 years, and you have an Ipad yet you have to work a "shift" on Christmas? You are so broke (with all this silver and iPad, and what else, that you are forced to sell these newly found coins to give your parents money?

Lastly, you asked: "What do I have to gain if I would have to lied?"

I don't know zippy, the world's a twisted place.

I do find it very interesting that "the OP has been buying and selling silver lots on Ebay for over a decade, his Youtube videos from months ago show many of the same coins with the exact same patina, some of the same oddball (foreign) coins posted on youtube just happened to be found in the canvas bag (which is also referenced in his youtube video from september) "Mercs, mixed dates. Fillin up a canvas bag with em" (9/12) including a Phillipine coin that the OP says in his youtube video he likes to purchase when he sees them for sale because of his Nationality? And there just happens to be one in this bizarre assortment of coins that was just discovered?"

I'm not questioning the cache, I'm questioning all the conflicting details you have posted.

Agreed we are all looking for that "once in a lifetime" find and absolutely LOVE to hear stories of others big finds. Real finds. It just seems so awfully bizarre the original story and then when I look into it further the OP has been buying and selling silver lots on Ebay for over a decade, his Youtube videos from months ago show many of the same coins with the exact same patina, some of the same oddball (foreign) coins posted on youtube just happened to be found in the canvas bag (which is also referenced in his youtube video from september) "Mercs, mixed dates. Fillin up a canvas bag with em" (9/12) including a Phillipine coin that the OP says in his youtube video he likes to purchase when he sees them for sale because of his Nationality? And there just happens to be one in this bizarre assortment of coins that was just discovered? As Kramer would say...."It's ANOTHER Festivus Miracle!!!" Why would someone saving silver decades ago put Buffalo Nickels in the bag?

Over a decade ago my parents were selling misc items on ebay to make some spare cash. I started selling a year ago. Check the feedback. BIG jump in date. Anyways here's a comparison in what i got from these caches and mh collection before. PS: I sold all the mercs from my canvas bag, didn't have the cash to buy them.

Please explain some of these things for me....

you stated:

"I was cleaning cabinets getting read for them to get knocked off … The family I was working with were showing the house to buy…. I didn't have the tools accessible that would be necessary to crack open that wall."

So you were cleaning a house, so the owners could show it, even though it's not ready? You were clearing the cabinets so they could be knocked off the wall, right before the owners showed the house? You plan on going back and tearing open a wall in a house that the owners are showing to buyers?

You also stated:
"my shift was over and I sold be going back soon to finish the job since I'm the only one allowed.... they wouldn't let me back in the house my time was over.... They were upset tha I was there an hour past what I was supposed to be there until."

You continually refer to this freelance type of work as working a "shift" like you are clocking in at the local grocery store?? You claim the family you are cleaning the house for, is upset because you worked longer "cleaning" the house? Then you also claimed that even though you worked long you aren't getting paid because you didn't keep track of the hours, even though you knew you worked longer than you were supposed to?

Then you said:
"I needed some extra cash that the homeowners pay after each time you come to give my parents for Christmas. I was typing this half asleep in my bed on my iPad so makes sense"

so you have all this money to buy and sell silver on ebay for 10 years, and you have an Ipad yet you have to work a "shift" on Christmas?

Lastly, you asked: "What do I have to gain if I would have to lied?"

I don't know zippy, the world's a twisted place.

I do find it very interesting that "the OP has been buying and selling silver lots on Ebay for over a decade, his Youtube videos from months ago show many of the same coins with the exact same patina, some of the same oddball (foreign) coins posted on youtube just happened to be found in the canvas bag (which is also referenced in his youtube video from september) "Mercs, mixed dates. Fillin up a canvas bag with em" (9/12) including a Phillipine coin that the OP says in his youtube video he likes to purchase when he sees them for sale because of his Nationality? And there just happens to be one in this bizarre assortment of coins that was just discovered?"

I'm not questioning the cache, I'm questioning all the conflicting details you have posted.

#1: Yes, they wanted everything gone. The house is very dilapidated on the interiors such as the cabinets. I plan on going back there to open up a bunch of loose bricks that are hiding whatever is under that duct tape. That are showing completely on top of the cabinet's "roof". I plan on putting mud back between the bricks to make them sealed. The house was made during a time when we believed we were on the verge of nuclear war...they made the walls very thick is what I'm saying.

#2: Yes, I spend a good deal of my money on paying off the car I bought myself without my parents money, buying my supplies for collecting bottles and coins, and some extra cash. I had no extra cash so I worked on Christmas to give to my parents at dinner that night. Truthfully, I hate Christmas. Have never liked it. I love to be with my family and all but the whole receiving and giving gifts doesn't appeal to me.

#3: Yes there are. But would a twisted person work on a day I'm usually spending with my family to get money for the family? Not saying I like Christmas still, saying I love my family enough to work a day I spend relaxing. Not something a twisted person would do.

What you and Montana find interesting:
#1: Yes, my PARENTS have been buying and selling on ebay since the early 2000's here's even the jump from feedback dates: 1-13-09 - 10-16-11 That's almost 3 years! And even when you check you can see the difference in selling patterns: Tickets and some other stuff that's no longer available it's been so long - Coins.

#2:I will show what I got in my collection now to what's in the caches in a comparing picture. If you check the patina on the coins in my other videos most are the standard silver colors with a few scattered toned coins that I've sold. ONCE AGAIN I HAVE NO INTERESTS IN ROOSIES OR CANADIAN SILVER COINS SO WHY WOULD I BUY THEM AND SAY I FOUND THEM?

#3: I never, never said I found them in canvas bags. I said I bought them. And if you read the captions from the video with my mercs in them you can see I said FILLING up a canvas bag with them. If you see the ebay listing I had for the mercs that filled up that bag I had sold them ALL. So what does that mean? That means I had no mercs until this cache.

#4: Yes, I love to buy Filipino coins because I'm half Filipino. If you will reference later in my picture I'll take, that these are completely different coins. Also, the coins I found in this cache are VERY worn and I'm a quality over quantity guy.

And thank you for not questioning my cache. I love your videos by the way, hope you continue doing what you do.

Sorry, the answers to the questions are out of order, I skipped 2 so 2 is 3. Here's the answer to number two:
#2 Yes, I call it a shift because technically a shift is an amount of time one is to work and I made my own shift pretty much. I called the homeowners that needed the work done before hand and they said to be done by 5. I lost track of time looking through that bag of coins and I stayed over an hour longer than I should have. I did get paid, $300. $150 for both of my parents. Hope this clears it up somewhat.

Could someone ask another question so I can answer capteiders and montanas without technically spamming?

I did notice none of your better coins were taken out of the holders to be found in the canvas bag. Makes perfect sense to anyone that treasures fine coins. You must already have some canvas bags you keep silver in? The Mercs in your most recent auction are colored exactly like the Mercs amd many of the other coins you just found, you yourself even questioned the odd coloration. Not sure what you meant when you said "I sold all the mercs from my canvas bag, didn't have the cash to buy them" You sold them because you didn't have the cash to buy them? Well who's were they? We all want to find things like this and in reality, we all hope you did, including me. If you look at it from our perspective you must admit it makes perfect sense to go "hhhrrrrmmmmmm???" There is just an awful lot of incredibly bizzare coincidences. They COULD be just that though....coincidences. Even the tokens are similar to the tokens in your own collection. My guess is that none of the coins you found in the Cache are worth much over melt, and none are really worthy of being in a protective case (or that is exactly where they would be). I must admit I don't know a lot about coins but that is my guess.

Well, I've had some time to think about it but I'm not going to post a video. It will just get called fake since you guys already don't believe me. I know I've probably lost the respect or hope of some of you but I think it's best to avoid rude comments. All I know, is that it really happened. I will be around on the forums still but pretty much only about bottles. It just makes me wonder what would happen if I posted that I found a gold coin digging and I didn't have a video...
-MSS
(Could an admin close this thread?)

Everyone still likes you here just fine. Just take it for what it's worth and try to envision how others would perceive this as it was told. Hope you hang around and watch and learn and maybe even share some helpful information with other forum members.

I can't think of a way better to prove all the doubters wrong. Record the remaining bank bag retrieval and show the world the stash you have found!:clapping:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom