question for the bottle guys...

007tallguy

Elite Member
i used to have a very small collection of bottles, most of which i no longer have.
but: i have kept my pride and joy!
the whiskey bottle in the pics is likely in excess of 100 years old and i actually have 2 of these, but only this one still has it's original paper labels!

the big question i have is: what kind of a price would something like this fetch? is a paper label considered to be somewhat rare or extremely rare?
i do currently have an offer on it, but what would be a fair price for a bottle in this kind of condition and WITH such a beautiful label still intact?
and just by pure co-incidence, the Cognac bottle in the first pic.... same story: i've got 2 of those as well, one with a label and one without, lol.

i haven't decided yet if i even want to part with them but any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,

Pete :D

Attachments

• IMAG0438.jpg
    IMAG0438.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 361
  • IMAG0442.jpg
    IMAG0442.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 358
  • IMAG0443.jpg
    IMAG0443.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 357
  • IMAG0444.jpg
    IMAG0444.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 373
  • IMAG0439.jpg
    IMAG0439.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 362
I found a few references to the Wm Greer & co ltd whiskey from 1885...couldn't find pics...many references but that's about it...
here's some info about Greer & Co and the group they belonged to.. other than Wm. Greer & Co. LTD I've seen another name attributed to it: Kirken, Greer & Co

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distillers_Company

thanks for your efforts! :yes:
that wiki site is pretty much the only info i've been able to find as well. in a way, that's good... it means "rare"! ;)

I know nothing about bottles but those are really cool and I suspect probably rare. How did you acquire them if I can ask?

Back
Top Bottom