Terrific site - I'm a newbie, too.

b-boop

Forum Supporter
This is a fantastic forum. It's been very helpful and encouraging to me. Thank you all! Got my detector and went on my 1st hunt Jan. 2, '06 (in my back yard). Found two round pop-tops, small copper tubing, 3 quarters, 1 dime, 1 nickle (all '64 and newer - would they be called "clad"?) :D Been out 4 times since, all in my yard for practice; found some junk, some neat junk, and a few pennies and/or quarters each time! Yesterday, went out in the rain to test theory of better conductivity (ok, I'm a skeptic!) Yup - the thing's more sensitive in damp ground. Digging up my yard . . . going out in the rain . . . loving it . . . I think I'm hooked! When I go out to TH, my hubby calls it "beep-booping;" hence, my forum name. I'm sooo glad to have found your site!

Glad to have you here and I'm glad to see we've helped you out already. :D

Welcome BOOP. Glad you found the good info. If the dimes and quarters are after 64, it's clad. 50cents reduced silver to 40% in 65 and several years later went clad too. You will know when it's silver as it comes out most of the time like the day it was lost. Gotta love that silver!Gold too.
pop

50-year drought

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! Okladigger, I know what you mean about "what is this rain?" We actually had about 1" of wet drops fall from the sky yesterday; to the best of my recollection, it's called "rain." That 1" was the most rain we've had since September. The lake near home is down nine feet -- our boat is literally sitting in mud at the (closed) marina. I gotta tell ya' -- it takes some kinda work to dig this East Texas clay in a 50-year drought! I'm already dreaming of beaches and playground sand; they'll make this MD'ing a lot more fun!

Boop... Go detect the where the water was in that lake... If its a swimming area you probably will clean up on coins and a couple of rings..

Welcome b boop! This is indeed the friendliest forum around. While that lake is real low take the MD and see what you can find!

Welcome Boop. Your husband's name for detecting is hilarious. You definitely found more than me on your first time out. Keep up the good work and I agree, definitely go check out the low water line area.

Howdy bboop and welcome from about 50 miles West. Look forward to seeing some of those future finds. Bring on some more of that wet stuff, but keep your beeper dry. 8)

Welcome b-boop. Congrats on you first finds. I live in Palestine and I know what you mean about the rain. We got 3", thank goodness. There's a town east of here that got 5.2". Wow

another texan Yea haaa! wlecome aboard boop and yes the rain was wonderful :yes: epi your a woman :?: and a admin :?: man I got to get out more :wow: Just kidding, don't flame me to hard ;) your and the other admins are doing a wonderful job here. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom