Digger coil question

shedigz

Elite Member
I hunt with my 705 in all metal with it so I have the opportunity to find jewelry if its in my site. I was hoping to find some quarters but all I seem to be getting is dime and penny signals.

So my question is, will this thing find quarters and will it be a high or low tone if there is a quarter there?

I hunt with my 705 in all metal with it so I have the opportunity to find jewelry if its in my site. I was hoping to find some quarters but all I seem to be getting is dime and penny signals.

So my question is, will this thing find quarters and will it be a high or low tone if there is a quarter there?

Hmm. I don't use that kind of detector, but it occurs to me the best way to answer your question is by doing science. Get a couple quarters and run your detector over them. Try burying them at different depths (and orientations) and see what you get.

Then come back here and report what you get in case anybody else has the same question -- that way the results of your scientific investigation will be a matter of record. :D

I do not have the digger coil but yes my 705 will hit a high tone on quarters. And air test's and a test garden will give you a good idea how the detector will respond to different coins/items.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 136
Shedigz, just found your thread. The other day I was wondering where all the xterra people went? Anyway yes, I have the 705 and digger coil. I always get a solid 42 on quarters. In fact 42 is almost allways something good. 1925 merc came in such a strong repetable 42 that I thought it was a shallow quarter. That old merc dime was 4-5" deep too.
Recently I have not hit a quarter(42) in a couple hunts. I'm thinking they're the easiest clad to find so it shows others have hit that site before you. A lot of us will cherry pick the quarters out of the place then go back for dime and penny signals when bored. When your not hitting quarters its a good time to try new spots where maybe someone hasn't hit so hard.
Tin

I don't have a 705 any more but I had the digger coil and it was very hot so I had to turn sensitivity down and it helped out. Are you air/test garden testing it helps some.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that. The digger will id better when you turn sense down. Mine is 18 to 20 and never more than 22.
Tin

I finally found a quarter two days ago. It came up as a 42 just as tin said. Problem solved :)

Yep, your all set. You'll love the number 42. BTW, 48 is allways a rusty twist off bottle cap. Sometimes its 46 if not too rusty. If 46 or 48 is anything else its iron. Also I'll get a couple 42's then a penny signal like 34, 36, bouncing between. Not a pocket spill if I'm getting it from one tight spot as in one target. I do the dd wiggle while pulling coil toward my feet and when it comes off the target it'll jump to another and lower number-- big deep flat beer can.
The difference between a pocket spill and beer can is when you wiggle and pull off it'll give a harmonic bloooping type sound. That's a can.
Id bet that's 95% correct. I'm sure you know this but I thought id share my experience with the digger coil. I've been working with the digger on the 705 for 6 months strait. I show friends all the time how I can call out what I'm digging. Again at least 95% of the time. I can babble/write all day on the 705.
Tin

Back
Top Bottom