Just getting started buying gear.

On any task I have to operate anything, I hate wearing gloves. I dislike the loss of sensation even in thin latex type gloves.

Since starting detecting I have read time and time again to wear gloves, but as I say, I hate them
in anything other than freezing conditions..

I have tried various types and although I usually start out wearing them, by the end of a session I usually end up scrabbling about in the holes bare handed..

So about a week before the lockdown started ( so about 8 weeks ago?) I was out on local pasture and found myself not using gloves.

By the end of the hunt, I noticed my hands looked a bit rough and scratched up, but put it down to having "office worker hands" .....

The next day things got worse and they became dry, cracked and started to bleed across the knuckles and other natural creases.

I am not sure what leprosy looks like, but it could not look any worse ...i tried various over the counter creams ect some of which helped a little, but it has taken nearly two months for them to heal and they are still not 100%....

Given the current situation I haven't been to the docs so i have no idea what the actual issue was, but may book an appointment if it flares up again..

One thing is for certain is l won't be digging bare handed again in future!

Good to know. Worms are a slight concern. I have the same inclination to pull off gloves and get dirty so will have to avoid doing so.

For gloves I have US mil surp kevlar gloves which weren't too terribly much, want to say $12. Should be cut resistant.

Back
Top Bottom