Need to buy water shoes. Any advice?

lats

I think it's about time I get a pair of water shoes but I know nothing about them. My scoop keeps wacking me in the ankles so I guess they should be high tops. Also I think they would need some type of strong but flexible sole for digging.

I just don't know anything about brands, different types, costs, fits or even where to get them. I don't live close to the shore so surf shops are out.

Thanks.

My scoop keeps wacking me in the ankles so I guess they should be high tops.

I need something too, I'm glad you mentioned that because I absolutely HATE hitting my ankle bone with something, it's brutal.

If you go with dive boots, I'd advise against the hard-soled ones...that honeycomb structure eventually and permanently fills with fine sand and causes lumps. The thinner, more flexible soles do surprisingly well.

Flats Boots...Bass Pro Shops... $29.00. Pants Keepers which are elastic velcro 2" straps that go around the top to keep 99% of the sand out of the zippers about $7.00.

Im partial to these. I went through a pair of dive boots about every 4 mos. not about every couple of years. These are Mares 6.5 MM. I like them thick because of all the pulling you do.

Attachments

• boot.JPG
    boot.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 422
Look at fishing boots.

Bass pro has a nice pair of neoprene zip ups with a good sole they sell as wading shoes for about $40.

But search under fishing or fly fishing and there are some great choices. The better soles on those styles are great for digging or using a scoop.

I purchased a pair of dive boots that featured the side zipper only to have one zipper not want to zip and then a few hunts later I had one I was wearing that didn't want to unzip! It was quite frustrating! I like the idea mentioned earlier about the elastic velcro to seal the top of the boot!

These are pretty tough and protect your feet/ankles well across all types of water hazards.

http://www.austinkayak.com/products/5449/ForEverlast-Ray-Guard-Reef-Boots.html?k=boots

I like those, they will be my next pair, and soon because my bass pro flats boots have a hole worn through the top of the right one from using my foot to lift my scoop...

Gander mountain has them also...

http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Ray-Guard-Reef-Boots&i=421829&r=view

They look to be pretty stout...

<°)))>{

I just bought a pair of AquaLung dive boots from a local dive shop. 5mm neoprene, goes just above my ankles, zip ups, not a hard sole but a rubberized coating with toe and heel protectors. Very comfortable and they were around 40 bucks.

Any advice to what size to get.

On land I am a 9 1/2- 10.
I bought waders in a size 10 and even with 2 pair of cotton socks they are kinda loose.

I'm assuming I am supposed to wear these barefoot, so I guess they gotta fit half decent.

HI: you might try any scuba store. Looking for wet suite shoes. They come up your leg a few inches. look for the shoes with a flexible bottom but hard in material. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom