Spoons

Billw

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could share some knowledge on these spoons. I found them at an old home site I have permission to hunt. I just started MD'ing with an ACE 250 and so far these are the only thing of value I have found at this cellar hole.

They are in rough shape as you can see. All I have done is rinse them with water at this point. How can I clean them up more ?

Any idea if they have a value, other than maybe historical ? The big one I believe is solid silver and the little one I believe is plated ?

BTW I am still searching for the rest of the set !!

Thanks

Bill

Attachments

• DSCF1239.jpg
    DSCF1239.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF1240.jpg
    DSCF1240.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF1241.jpg
    DSCF1241.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 180
i know that i've used NEVR DULL on my spoons or other silverware to get them shinny, i'd start off with some soap, warm water and soft brissle tooth brush. then once most of the dirt is off then i'd use the nevr dull, it's pretty cheap and it'll last forever. follow the instructions and you should be all set. i will say that if you think that they will degrade in value or look valuable do not clean them, let a professional do it. well thats all i got but if you got any questions just shoot me a PM and HH

Baking soda works well for silver, but you must mix it well with water to a kind of a sauce, or it might scratch.........As far as value, generally spoons alone are not worth much unless you have a set. Of course if they are solid silver, you do have the silver value.

Back
Top Bottom