Silver's, Half Dime On A Brutishly Cold Outing

jack&jill

Elite Member
Not the best of weather but it was as good as it gets this time of year in Wisconsin. Brutishly cold with a nipping breeze that made you not want to face into it. Just not appealing conditions but Air Force Mike and I found some diggable ground to help scratch the itch of this hobby. The site had lots of trash. Put more than a few nails, hunks of unwanted deep iron and other !!!! into the pouch. But it also held some very nice targets. On my second dig of the day I recovered a worn Barber Dime from under some tree roots and that warmed up the hunt a bit. Added a deep Merc later and put my first Wheat's of the year in my coffers. Oh yeah the half Dime, a nice clipped clad Rosie added some laughs to the experience and thought it might draw a little more interest to this thread. Mike dug a very pretty Sterling Ring and a great looking compact. He also dug what looks to me a old campaign pin that he is trying to identify. We liked this kind of torture so much we are planning another attempt hunting this refrigerator. Hope it has a few more snacks for us to keep our fires lit. The Silvers are 2 & 3 for me this year. The Merc had heavy water staining so I cleaned it up to be a little more eye appealing. Trapper

Attachments

• 1-15-19 .JPG
    1-15-19 .JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 737
  • 1-15-19 1.jpg
    1-15-19 1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 714
Congratulations Trapper, Only 398 more to go to keep up with last year !!!!!!!

Congratulations Trapper, Only 398 more to go to keep up with last year !!!!!!!
I cherish and appreciate your enthusiasm Jerry, but I think that those numbers may just be a little out of reach to repeat. Not that I won't be out there trying but my grounds have been depleted somewhat of the Silver. Trapper
Dammit! Sucked me right in.:lol: Walls are closing in over here...
I am counting my blessings just to get out a bit this early in the year Kevin. Sorry about the gimmick with the half dime but it did get you to reply and that makes me very happy. Trapper

Man that doesn't sound fun hunting in that cold but I would be right out there with you doing it if I was in the same situation. I bet that barber warmed you up a little. Congrats on the finds.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Congrats Trapper on the silver and that rare half dime!!! Sucked me in to with that one:laughing:
Thanks Travis for the reply and a sense of humor. Going to go back to that site again tomorrow, maybe get lucky and dig the other half. If so, that thread will say the other half dime. Trapper
Actually , it's a 3/4 dime ! Awesome hunt !
Thank you Doc as your reply is appreciated. Your right the coin is a bit bigger than half but it won't have the same effect if I titled the thread 5/8 dime. Trapper

I cherish and appreciate your enthusiasm Jerry, but I think that those numbers may just be a little out of reach to repeat. Not that I won't be out there trying but my grounds have been depleted somewhat of the Silver. Trapper

I am counting my blessings just to get out a bit this early in the year Kevin. Sorry about the gimmick with the half dime but it did get you to reply and that makes me very happy. Trapper

False advertising for sure!....it is at LEAST 3/5 of a dime!;) Yeah my butt will be over there blasting through the woods with the rest of the crowd,give me time:grin:

I will echo the surprise and excitement of thinking you pulled a true HALF DIME.....dang, nice finds regardless. I went back to the same place I have been pulling silvers and buffs out and found another Rosie and another Buff this morning! :yes:

That's bait-&-switch. I'm reporting you to the Govt. Consumer affairs dept.

I thought you'd found the forerunner to the forerunner precursor of the USA nickel. Repent of your evil deed !

(congratz on the mercs though :laughing: )

Man that doesn't sound fun hunting in that cold but I would be right out there with you doing it if I was in the same situation. I bet that barber warmed you up a little. Congrats on the finds.
I guess its not fun compared like to good weather Jason. But its much more fun than sitting on the couch watching you tube videos. It is very hard keeping the figerns warm and stopping the nose from dripping but coming home with a couple Silvers makes it worth while. Besides I get cabin fever after just a couple of days. Trapper
Now that’s a very cool hunt! You guys are hardcore.
Thank you for your reply Beachhunter. Cool is a understatement, it was darn cold. We don't have diggable ground normally this time of year but as they say "when opportunity knocks, you had better answer the door". Trapper

Way to go Trapper, those are some nice saves, even though I was hoping to see your first half dime for the year, but I guess the Barber and merc will have to do. You had a good hunt and out in this miserable weather even. I couldn't make it out there today but maybe tomorrow.:yes:

Fooled me buster!!!
Thank you for taking the look Claddy. Sorry for misleading you but I'm thankful for your reply. Thought the Barber and the Merc would justify my bad behavior. Trapper
A very nice start to the season Jack, congrats on the pair of silvers and the rest!
Thank you Jeff. Truly I feel thankful to still be able to get out. Going to give it another go tomorrow as temps are to fall to the teens over the next ten days and then it will be Spring thaw before the next hunt. Trapper

You definitely got me too with the half dime,I was expecting to see this awesome silver half dime.lol..Nice one..But the barber and merc are nice,Congrats on those.Im headed out tomorrow afternoon to try and slay a few.

Back
Top Bottom