XP Deus really worth it?

TrashMasterCCS

Elite Member
I hunt Gold Rush sites. Square nails are a big issue. My soil is generally a red clay and the ground balances around 70 most of the time. I have been using an F75 with moderate success. Just wondering if you guys think the Deus is that good in this setting? The weight and tech is a huge plus for me since I do a lot of hiking into remote spots. I do feel like I'm really figuring out my F75 after a year. First machine I've owned. So, is the Deus worth it? Thanks!

Nothing better then the Deus for the situation you described. Small elliptical coil and you are all set.

Thanks! Just ordered it through River Team 6 Detectors. He gave me a good deal. Now lets see if I can use this thing to its potential. I'm most excited about throwing it in my backpack and riding my dual sport to some of the more remote Gold Rush camps.

Thanks! Just ordered it through River Team 6 Detectors. He gave me a good deal. Now lets see if I can use this thing to its potential. I'm most excited about throwing it in my backpack and riding my dual sport to some of the more remote Gold Rush camps.

I have posted some info about elliptical coil useage on Deus here on this forum.

All I can say, and mind you I have not done any nugget hunting or testing,,but using the elliptical a coil,,,,tone wise nonferrous may not be so stand out sounding wise.

I do like the coil though,,,most of my experiences using the elliptical so far is in sites where I have killed using Deus and the 9" and 11" LF coils.
This was intentional too, to see what the real deal was with the coil.

Good luck with your new setup.
Btw, the Deus and elliptical HF coil runs reallllll quiet even with higher sens setting. Allows a person to listen for the smallest of signals, even wearing back phones. I love it.

I have posted some info about elliptical coil useage on Deus here on this forum.

All I can say, and mind you I have not done any nugget hunting or testing,,but using the elliptical a coil,,,,tone wise nonferrous may not be so stand out sounding wise.

I do like the coil though,,,most of my experiences using the elliptical so far is in sites where I have killed using Deus and the 9" and 11" LF coils.

Thanks! I have the 11" and 9.5" elliptical coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I have the 11" and 9.5" elliptical coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are welcome.

Probably the best crash course since you seem to have possible gold in your sites.

Get some varied sizes of foil and bury at different depths and see how they sound.
I think you'll find using 14.4khz for locating targets not near as good as using 28.8khz.

For me,today the deus is worth it,tomorrow maybe not.lol..The weight alone makes it worth it,trust me..To each his own,but I have owned a few deus units,and still do today,but I don't like the remote...I dig way to much junk when I have the remote,when I just use the ws4 and go by sound I dig half of the junk,if that..
I'm a sound guy,not a tweaker.I get myself in too much trouble screwing up settings.i think just basic 1 out of the box in 4.0 version is all I need,with a deus lite.Great performance and the weight or lack of,just incredible.Yea man,it's worth it.

Nothing better then the Deus for the situation you described. Small elliptical coil and you are all set.

Btw, the Deus and elliptical HF coil runs reallllll quiet even with higher sens setting. Allows a person to listen for the smallest of signals, even wearing back phones. I love it.

You are welcome.

Probably the best crash course since you seem to have possible gold in your sites.

Get some varied sizes of foil and bury at different depths and see how they sound.
I think you'll find using 14.4khz for locating targets not near as good as using 28.8khz.

For me,today the deus is worth it,tomorrow maybe not.lol..The weight alone makes it worth it,trust me..To each his own,but I have owned a few deus units,and still do today,but I don't like the remote...I dig way to much junk when I have the remote,when I just use the ws4 and go by sound I dig half of the junk,if that..
I'm a sound guy,not a tweaker.I get myself in too much trouble screwing up settings.i think just basic 1 out of the box in 4.0 version is all I need,with a deus lite.Great performance and the weight or lack of,just incredible.Yea man,it's worth it.

Easiest question I've heard all day.

Yes.

Thanks everyone! The Deus has made me furious that I have had an F75 in my hand the last year. Immediately, loved the machine. Can’t wait to hit the iron infested sites with the HF elliptical.

Sounds like a great time ahead. Cant wait to see ya post a Gold Coin from out there. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom