• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

White's V3 or Mine Lab E-Trac

Having no experience with the e-trac, but for the vthree and the MXT I couldn't have said it better.:yes::D

In all out complete honesty. In hindsight I would have just got the White's MXT over the E-Trac or V3. It's light, easy to use, straight forward operation, and it gets good depth on relics.

All of this for a much lower price. I don't know how many times I've saw a MXT beat out a Fisher F75 and Spectra V3 in a days hunt. It's just easier to use, easier to learn, and easier on the pocket book.

I'd just learn the tones and not even pay attention to the VDI.

White's has rubbed me wrong here lately mostly on the V3 issue. Really you cannot beat the customer service. The decision makers and the quality control may not be the best in the world, but you really can't beat the customer service that White's brings to the table. Customer service means a lot if you plan on making this your hobby for any length of time.

If I were new to the hobby and wanted help choosing between the E-Trac or Spectra V3 I'd pick the MXT hands down. You'd pay half the price and find twice the loot. Win Win scenario...and the main thing is you'd be having fun and enjoying the hobby rather than running into headaches all the time.

When/if it came time to upgrade the MXT holds it's value very well and you'd sell faster and get more of your original investment back.

In summary the MXT is easier to use at half the cost. Being easier to learn is going to mean more finds at a quicker rate. More finds equals more fun and less aggravation. Good customer service in the off chance something happens to your detector. You really can't go wrong with the MXT it has proven itself in the hands of beginners and pros alike for years.

Win Win Win Win Win

If you're in this hobby to have fun buy a White's MXT.
If you're trying to get rich, buy lottery tickets instead.

No video can show the AHA-effect you will have by using a machine.

Honestly, I never thought I'd say the CZ is the best I own, until I had it out in the field; AND I never thought I'd prefer the DeLeón OVER the MXT. Now, may be these are not that deep as a etrac, but all three are a lot of fun. And that's what counts to me.:grin:

IMHO

Too bad we didn't have a nice comparison video on these three. I will stand by the E-Trac and say it's the way to go.

Sorry for hijacking...I'll be quiet now...:blush:

Having no experience with the e-trac, but for the vthree and the MXT I couldn't have said it better.:yes::D

No you say that you would choose the mxt because I would pay half the price and find twice the loot. Statement is still untrue. You are stll stating that my preference would be the mxt, and you don't know that. Look at the wording.

No video can show the AHA-effect you will have by using a machine.

Honestly, I never thought I'd say the CZ is the best I own, until I had it out in the field; AND I never thought I'd prefer the DeLeón OVER the MXT. Now, may be these are not that deep as a etrac, but all three are a lot of fun. And that's what counts to me.:grin:

IMHO

Sorry for hijacking...I'll be quiet now...:blush:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the "AHA-effect"?

And all I know is that the E-Trac is a fantastic machine, super easy to use and gets the good stuff.

Nothing to forgive. Sometimes it's known as the "wow experience" or "wow factor".

What I wrote was for the v3 vs. mxt as I've no experience with a etrac.:D

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the "AHA-effect"?

And all I know is that the E-Trac is a fantastic machine, super easy to use and gets the good stuff.

Have you ever used the MXT?

Having no experience with the e-trac, but for the vthree and the MXT I couldn't have said it better.

...and YES, that is my opinion. While you're fiddeling I'll dig the goodies.:lol:

No you say that you would choose the mxt because I would pay half the price and find twice the loot. Statement is still untrue. You are stll stating that my preference would be the mxt, and you don't know that. Look at the wording.

I've been doing some research and it looks like the V3 and the E-Trac are the current top VLF contenders. I'm new and I'm buying my first detector. At first I was looking at getting a PI because I was interested in depth for prospecting, but the local White's dealer said most gold will be within range of a VLF, so now I think a good VLF could be a good bet. I'm trying to find a MD that is going to be good at not only coins, relics and jewlery, but also prospecting.

The White's dealer also said the coils can be switched out on the V3 to better suit it for gold prospecting. I'm wondering which one would be better at all these tasks or is there a better choice out there than the V3 or E-Trac?

Thanks for any advise.

Sorry again, Bz95. This was the last time.:blush:

@frhamlet -if you wanna discussion about thiz, plz open a new thread.:yes:;)

Sorry again, Bz95. This was the last time.:blush:

@frhamlet -if you wanna discussion about thiz, plz open a new thread.:yes:;)

No thanks, You are making conflicting statements with realizing you are doing so.Last chance... you start your statement wth the word "I" then say "you" in the conclusion of the statement. I don't disagree that you can buy it cheaper and find twice the loot, as this is your experience. But that is not what you stated. You stated that I could find twice the loot at half the price. Half the price I agree with for it is fact, twice the loot is stating my experience with the detectors, this is unknown.

This isn't a stab at the MXT, but I watched and spoke to a couple guys md'ing a local field. One had an Ace 250 and one had an MXT. The guy with the MXT had pulled nothing while the guy with Ace had a couple nice buttons, a wheatie and early copper we couldn't identify. Is the Ace 250 a better machine? No. But the guy using it was probably better with a MD. Or maybe he was lucky, I dunno.

Either way, E-Trac, V3, MXT etc...you'll probably be happy any of them once you get that machine down.

V3i VS E-Trac

Hey if your still wondering wich metal detector to go for i have done a versus feild test of the v3i and e-track they have a lot of pros and cons about each one the e-track does have more frequencies and more target ID numbers but ive noticed for some reason having that many frequencis actually doesnt help alot more then you would think. with trash and wantitng to not dig it up it helps to have a lot of target ID's but im using a cheap metal detector and have lerned how it works good enough to know that if i had a choice between the e-track or v3i esspecually after that test i did with each the whites seems to respond better with only 3 freq then the e-track does with all 28 freq at first i thought the e-track was gunna out perform the v3i but the v3i in the end proved to be a better machine so if your still wondering cause i never buy anything without looking at all my options as much as possible to get the best of the best just the way i was raised and i have finally made a choice i woudl rather have the Whites spectra v3i then the minelab e-trac and from what it sounds liek what you are looking for i think the v3i will better fit your needs and any other needs/wants you might have

hope this helped. sorry about spelling tried to fix it wont let me

Oh and the minelab X-Terra 705 from what i have researched only uses one of the 3 freq at a time instead of Multiple or all 3 at same time like the V3i does. VLF Single Freq not VLF Multi Freq kellycodetectors.com

I'll take that one there....you know, the one with the screen that beeps.... :crazy: A ton of info here, gonna take a while to wrap my brain around it, but thanks all.......

Back
Top Bottom