New Whites Vision Spectra

OK... but what about the price? :p Just imagine what kind of $$$ they could get for an MXT with a color screen. :lol:

Don't understand what you mean. The price has no connection with a trademark issue.

Do you mean, would they sell more at a lower price? Sure, but they have to price it in a manner that makes sense with the rest of the product line and with respect to competition. If they lowered the price it would have a ripple effect down the product line.

Hi Friendlies, I just wanted to say that your calls to John's Detectors are welcome anytime and I am still limited on down to Earth info on the new Spectra V3. I am no authority on this machine but I will answer what questions I can. I haven't had near enough field time on this machine. So be sure to call around and hopefully you can get an answer to your many questions on the Spectra. I'll try to get into the field with it as much as I can. This machine has potential with some of the features put into it. Ok good hunting and to those that have called us so far about the Spectra, thank you very much.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

Howdy Friendlies, I just chatted with Whites about the Spectra and I have been wanting to know if the prospecting side of this machine is all new or has the GMT in it. I was told that it is a whole new design with new programming in the software. Also there will be no recall on the units with the word VISION for sure. I am also curious if anyone might be using the Spectra in the single frequency mode? I read in one case that someone tried it and it was very noisey. Everyone be safe and many thanks!

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

I took mine out today for the first time. Ran it in "Deep Silver" mode for a while and had no problems with the single freq.

Don't understand what you mean. The price has no connection with a trademark issue.

Never said it did. Just wish they would have kept it more affordable is all. The reality is I will be forking out the bucks to buy this unit by this fall. Hope it's worth it. Seems a little rushed to the market if they are still having trademark issues though. I would like to see PC connectivity at this price. Adaptation to coil used for accurate depth should have been implemented as well. It will be interesting to see some real word reports. I do have a question on the battery configuration. Will the new Battery packs for the Vision work in the DFX and MXT? There is a definite advantage in the battery technology.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Last edited:
Seems a little rushed to the market if they are still having trademark issues though.

It's my understanding that many users were sold the units and told that owner manuals would be forthcoming. Now that's rushing it. :lol:

I thought the machine did have PC connectivity, though.

Never said it did. Just wish they would have kept it more affordable is all. The reality is I will be forking out the bucks to buy this unit by this fall. Hope it's worth it. Seems a little rushed to the market if they are still having trademark issues though. I would like to see PC connectivity at this price. Adaptation to coil used for accurate depth should have been implemented as well. It will be interesting to see some real word reports. I do have a question on the battery configuration. Will the new Battery packs for the Vision work in the DFX and MXT? There is a definite advantage in the battery technology.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

With regards to the battery configuration, my understanding is that physically it is the same as the other modern White's machines (DFX/MXT/M6/XLT) and that the battery pack can be used in any of them. The key is not to mix chargers.

Thanks for the info Rudy. Rapid charging the wrong battery could be disastrous. I have been making my own NiMH rechargeable battery packs. I can only use the overnight charge setting without risk of trashing the batteries or worse.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Last edited:
Well I wish I could be more of a help with the various questions posted here with my new Vision that I just purchased this past Monday April 6, 2009 however, like Bob Dylan sings "Times Have Changed" which for me is especially true since I was last in this hobby over 22 years ago.

No I did not get a manual matter-of-fact, on Monday when I purchased the Vision my AD checked a few other unopened Vision boxes and he was surprised that none of the boxes had a manual.

Anyway I have taken my Vision out a few hours each of the past 4 days to learn. Been to the beach once and nearby parks. So far only pulled out new coins. Again I am just re-learning the art of MD'ing.

I can say that I love the feel of the unit, it is light weight, comfortable to swing, the LCD is fabulous even on the beach at noon in full sunlight, good wireless head set that connects with ease and boy this machine really likes quarters.

Happy hunting all,

Don in Southern California

Well I wish I could be more of a help with the various questions posted here with my new Vision that I just purchased this past Monday April 6, 2009 however, like Bob Dylan sings "Times Have Changed" which for me is especially true since I was last in this hobby over 22 years ago.

No I did not get a manual matter-of-fact, on Monday when I purchased the Vision my AD checked a few other unopened Vision boxes and he was surprised that none of the boxes had a manual.

Anyway I have taken my Vision out a few hours each of the past 4 days to learn. Been to the beach once and nearby parks. So far only pulled out new coins. Again I am just re-learning the art of MD'ing.

I can say that I love the feel of the unit, it is light weight, comfortable to swing, the LCD is fabulous even on the beach at noon in full sunlight, good wireless head set that connects with ease and boy this machine really likes quarters.

Happy hunting all,

Don in Southern California

Hi Don,

Yes, the manuals are a bit behind, but you can download preliminary manuals here.

Vision Field Guide
Vision Basic Instruction Manual
Expert Instruction Manual

Have fun with your new toy.

John ...plant a silver piece @ 12" run over it with the E-Trac and the Vision. Compare the readings and tell us what you find.

If you get a diggable hit with the Vision over the E-Trac then I'll be a lot closer to paying the extra $$$ for a Vision.

...and if you want to PM me the results or any other info on either models that you don't want shared.

Thanks

My initial impulse is to run out and buy one but I'm gonna wait. I'm just learning my DFX and starting to get decent depth. If I buy a Vision, it will be in the distant future.

Back
Top Bottom