Morning Rainbow Leads to the Gold!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I had a planned hunt with Sexton on South Beach today - our second together. :friends: A cold front with some rain and a bit of lightening came through a couple of hours before our hunt. Fortunately for me, Sexton asked me about a wet suit and I hadn’t worn mine in 3 years, but with the front coming through, and a lack of sunshine, I thought not to do the Cuban “macho man” thing and opted for the wet suit. (Thanks Sexton!) With the winds blowing offshore the surf was great when we got to the beach. Hunting conditions were however as sanded in as I noticed on Friday. Early in the hunt I saw some glasses tumbling along the bottom and up came a nice pair of Ray Ban’s! Later I noticed a small area of wet sand that had a steeper angle going into the water and I was able to find the silver ring there. About halfway through the hunt, I decided to leave the usual areas and work a sandy down slope of a sandbar and that’s where the strong signal came that I thought would be a Corona bottle cap…but wasn’t! :dingding: Gold #2 for the year! It seems my 2 hunts with Sexton have brought me good luck, 1st the GoPro and now the gold. Thanks Sexton! :good:

Attachments

• 1-20-19 Rainbow.jpg
    1-20-19 Rainbow.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 559
  • 1-20-19.jpg
    1-20-19.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 591
  • 1-20-19 Rings.jpg
    1-20-19 Rings.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 566
  • 1-20-19 RB.jpg
    1-20-19 RB.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 535
  • 1-20-19 Fits.jpg
    1-20-19 Fits.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 503
  • 1-20-19 Foreign (1).jpg
    1-20-19 Foreign (1).jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 476
  • 1-20-19 Foreign (2).jpg
    1-20-19 Foreign (2).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
So..when you say "cold front came in"...you mean it got down to like 80F but overcast?:laughing:

Congrats and keep the posts and finds coming! We subZ Northern waterbabies gotta have something to look at and hope for up here! :laughing: Its really cool to be outside hunting and see a rainbow..its worth a snap...

Attachments

• sept 1314-1.jpg
    sept 1314-1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 522
Nice one brother Felix congrats! :cool:

Its getting a little crisp up here lately so we all may be out of it for as few weeks.

Nice gold find Felix. I am still amazed at how many sunglasses you find....interesting enough, I do not find many here on the left coast:?::?:

Nice gold Felix... how does the 43 degree air temp feel this morning :lol: Trade you my 4 degree air temps along with out our 30 mph winds making it feel like telp of 19 below zero.. think I will take a stroll on the beach looking for beach glass this morning :laughing:

Congrats on the gold-so far so good on your New Years resolution of 2 gold per month. That’s an inspiration and I hope I can keep up. I’m 1behind😂

Felix, I have gotten lots of gold rings that sounded like a Corona cap,,,,I never pass them,,,,they are that broken up gold tone,,,,great work,,,,GL HH

Felix, I have gotten lots of gold rings that sounded like a Corona cap,,,,I never pass them,,,,they are that broken up gold tone,,,,great work,,,,GL HH
Actually Tim, many Corona caps sound good to me as Stella Artois and a few others. I don't spend time deciding on digging or not. Even if it's probably not a good target I will dig it up as it gives me a needed break from swinging - especially on those few target days. :yes:

Per your status quo, another amazing hunt Felix!!!
BTW, love this shot...

Attachments

• felix.jpg
    felix.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 251
Back
Top Bottom