• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nice 1911D Barber Dime some Wheats and HELP?

Buellride

Forum Supporter
So Cruiserkev and I hit a new "hot" spot in a local town and both of us got silver this morning. I ended up with 9 Wheatie, a 1911D Barber Dime (silver #11 for the month of January), a 1934 Buffalo Nickel (the 3rd I have pulled from this particular curbstrip) and an interesting token? or maybe game piece?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

HH and Good luck all!

Attachments

• 1_20 Token.jpg
    1_20 Token.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 366
  • 1_20 Total Finds.jpg
    1_20 Total Finds.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 292
I’m not sure on the token but that’s definitely an interesting piece. Let us know if you figure out what it is elsewhere.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

I’m not sure on the token but that’s definitely an interesting piece. Let us know if you figure out what it is elsewhere.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Hope someone can help

That was an awesome hunt. What a strange token, hope someone can ID it. :grin:

Kevin, always a pleasure!

Dang, you fellas do well down there in the south sound. I’ve been hunting in Seattle and in Island County and am at 7 silvers FTY. I like the sidewalk strips too but only bother with them around construction sites. Too many busy bodies around here.

Dang, you fellas do well down there in the south sound. I’ve been hunting in Seattle and in Island County and am at 7 silvers FTY. I like the sidewalk strips too but only bother with them around construction sites. Too many busy bodies around here.

7 for the year is excellent! Especially in Seattle... A little bit of a concrete jungle up there...

Your really running one hell of a hot streak Paul. Congrats on the Barber, the Buffalo, all those Wheat's and the Mystery Coin. Hope this keeps going on for a good long while. Trapper

7 for the year is excellent! Especially in Seattle... A little bit of a concrete jungle up there...

Thanks! Agreed. So much of the old city is gone. I have to get out of the city limits or get really creative to find the goods. My main quest this year is to find a Seated coin. Good luck down there!

Nice batch of finds! That token/coin/medal/?? thing is pretty unique. Looks like a code you have to enter, to prove you're not a robot. :laughing:
Good luck IDing that one.

If you unscramble letters from both sides it looks like it says good luck..lay one image over the other it says good luck...that may then give clue to the rest of the markings...put paper over it and make a rubbing..then do the other side so good luck lines up...that might reveal the secret...lined up it will make a diamond in the middle from the two longest parallel lines.. the center should then reveal another clue..or a clear answer..

Last edited:
It looks like a Klingon might have been trying to feed a parking meter and dropped it.

Did a bit of noodling around on Google this afternoon, and I think I've solved the mystery of your mystery 'good luck' coin...
It is part of a 1930's Tom Mix, Ralston Wheat cereal 'prize'. When you spin it, you see the complete "Good Luck" message and the Tom Mix ("TM") LOGO in the middle. I made an overlay image showing both faces of the coin as it would appear when spinning.

Congrats! Looks like a good fortune for you to have found it! Now you have to find an 'Orphan Annie' decoder ring to go with it ;)
For examples see:

https://picclick.ca/Ralston-Wheat-Cereal-Good-Luck-Spinner-2-351018824126.html

or

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/tom-mix-lucky-spinner-ralston-wheat-136957551

Good Luck!
--Bert

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 183
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 173
Did a bit of noodling around on Google this afternoon, and I think I've solved the mystery of your mystery 'good luck' coin...
It is part of a 1930's Tom Mix, Ralston Wheat cereal 'prize'. When you spin it, you see the complete "Good Luck" message and the Tom Mix ("TM") LOGO in the middle. I made an overlay image showing both faces of the coin as it would appear when spinning.

Congrats! Looks like a good fortune for you to have found it! Now you have to find an 'Orphan Annie' decoder ring to go with it ;)
For examples see:

or

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/tom-mix-lucky-spinner-ralston-wheat-136957551

Good Luck!
--Bert
That's what I already said..it's a good luck token..lay one image over the other to get the center message...see my previous post..good job looking for it though.. I just didn't want to waste time hunting all over the internet..

What a cool find and what a great ID Dr why! You won't find cool prizes like that in cereal nowadays:no:

Your really running one hell of a hot streak Paul. Congrats on the Barber, the Buffalo, all those Wheat's and the Mystery Coin. Hope this keeps going on for a good long while. Trapper

Thank you Trapper....we will see how long we can "ride" this horse :D

Thanks! Agreed. So much of the old city is gone. I have to get out of the city limits or get really creative to find the goods. My main quest this year is to find a Seated coin. Good luck down there!

Seated is on my bucket list as well. Good Luck!

Nice batch of finds! That token/coin/medal/?? thing is pretty unique. Looks like a code you have to enter, to prove you're not a robot. :laughing:
Good luck IDing that one.

Thank you for assisting

Very nice group of finds and congrats on the great start to the year. Cool token. Never seen on like that before.

TY Jam!

If you unscramble letters from both sides it looks like it says good luck..lay one image over the other it says good luck...that may then give clue to the rest of the markings...put paper over it and make a rubbing..then do the other side so good luck lines up...that might reveal the secret...lined up it will make a diamond in the middle from the two longest parallel lines.. the center should then reveal another clue..or a clear answer..

This is why I love this forum...very perceptive! Thank you for the hint!

It looks like a Klingon might have been trying to feed a parking meter and dropped it.

Kinda does look like something that would come from the Predator wristband computer...:laughing:

For examples see:

or

Good Luck!
--Bert

Doctor Why....and THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS FORUM SO MUCH!!!! Thank you so much for the detailed research and graphical solution to the "what's is"! I cannot say how much I appreciate the expertise and wise eye for figuring out the mysteries we some times pull from Mother Earth.

+100 in my book!

Paul

Back
Top Bottom