New Guy FM JAX FL NOX 800 #PICS#

TNTGross

Elite Member
Hey Ya'll, I'm a Northern MN transplant. Been here in Jacksonville, Fl since 82. Did a four year stint in the Army, came back here, married the love of my life, and raised a family.

A friend of mine got me into this when he asked to hunt my property here in historic Riverside. He had a couple of Garrett 250's and he let me use his spare. We found some nice old coins here and I was hooked.

That was about 2 years ago. My wife picked me up a Bounty Hunter. Had a lot of fun with it, but wanted a better machine. So, I got a Nokta Relic. That thing was hot and did a great job, but only lasted a little over a year before it started having issues. Not to go into all the issues, but I'm going to stick with American made from now on...

This past Dec, (2018) my wife got me a new NOX 800 for Christmas and let me tell you, I love it. And it loves silver. Been having a lot more fun on my hunts with all the silver I have pulled out of the ground with it.

As a matter of fact, when I first got it, I went across the street to hunt the curb and found a nice men's silver band that I gave to a buddy of mine that likes wearing rings.

I have only had the Nox for a little over a month now, and still learning it, but it sure makes me want to go out and hunt more often.

Some of the silver I have found, trinkets. An 1869 coffin handle, tokens, good luck charm, and a pile of clad that I have dug up in the last month with the Nox.

Attachments

• 20190120_055735 (2).jpg
    20190120_055735 (2).jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 20190120_055743 (1).jpg
    20190120_055743 (1).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
:fmdfwelcome:... from the cold & snowy state of Minnesota! Having grown up in MN, I'm sure you know what our winters are like... :lotsasnow::snowtruck::snowballfight: :lol: ;) :lol: Thanks for joining, we're glad to have you with us. :yes:

:fmdfwelcome:... from the cold & snowy state of Minnesota! Having grown up in MN, I'm sure you know what our winters are like... :lotsasnow::snowtruck::snowballfight: :lol: ;) :lol: Thanks for joining, we're glad to have you with us. :yes:
Oh yes, lived in Babbitt, up next to Ely. Couldn't drag me back up there with the Clydesdale horses.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Is there a trick to posting pics? I have shrunk them, put them in Google pics, and tried to add an image link, all to no avail. What's the deal?

Welcome to "the friendly", from another MN native, now in WI. Don't know what the pic deal is. Sounds like maybe a browser/cookies option situation? You gotta get that figured out...we love pictures! Comparing 'nox notes is also quite popular here.

Welcome! That Coffin handle is really interesting. Wheres the rest? :laughing:

How were you able to date it?

Welcome! That Coffin handle is really interesting. Wheres the rest? :laughing:

How were you able to date it?

Well, my best guess is, as the 6 carried the coffin to the grave, the handle broke off and the casket bearer let it drop to the ground to finish his detail. As for the rest of that set... I guess they are still on the coffin. I didn't want to dig that deep.

As for dating it, God bless the internet. I found a dated, exact full matching set, online. I had a date range based on the graves in the cemetery. And yes, I have hunted graveyards.:digginahole:

Hey Welcome and nice introduction you did and great report on the NOX800!

I used to live up west of Bagley and was a grave digger in the early 80's...dug all the graves in a lot of cemeteries in a 30 mile radius for 3yrs....With a shovel and a pick and a wheellbarrow!

Anyway, there WAS a rumor circulating throughout the subterranean housing industry, that after the graveside service, and after the Family all left, it was common for the undertakers to take the casket handles to use over on the next customer! I wouldnt doubt it! I mean, who would notice? :laughing:

I have never hunted a cemetery Since the occupants of each sight own the property it is very difficult to get them to give you permission. .

Hey Welcome and nice introduction you did and great report on the NOX800!

I used to live up west of Bagley and was a grave digger in the early 80's...dug all the graves in a lot of cemeteries in a 30 mile radius for 3yrs....With a shovel and a pick and a wheellbarrow!

Anyway, there WAS a rumor circulating throughout the subterranean housing industry, that after the graveside service, and after the Family all left, it was common for the undertakers to take the casket handles to use over on the next customer! I wouldnt doubt it! I mean, who would notice? :laughing:

Often wondered what happens to gold crowns at the mortuary.

Back
Top Bottom