E-Trac Low Auto Sentivity

AJinNJ

Forum Supporter
Sometimes I'll be hunting near powerlines or what I'm guessing is near EMI and my auto sensitivity will sometimes dip down to 10-12. or even single digits.

What should I be doing in these situations.

I normally operate in Auto +3

Thanks!

Are they high tension and are you noise canceling first? The noise cancle is supposed to compensate for EMI fields whether it is your cellphone or from powerlines, but if the field is over the top which many high tension lines are it may not be able to do it. Though I have yet to encounter that yet even in a couple of spots where I can light up a florescent tube light.

I have a site on top of a hill where the etrac likes 9-14 sensitivity when in auto+3. I've tried noise cancel and nothing can get it to come up.

I put it in manual 25 sensitivity and it's happy as a clam. Not saying this will work for you, but try running higher manual sensitivity and when it starts to get chatty bring it down until its smooth.

Take it out of auto and crank it up and live with it. Could be emi but more than likely ground mineralization. Could be an over abundance of targets or trash. The one thing the ETrac will do is the amount of hits it gets if they are continuous for a couple of minutes straight is back itself down as it sees it as, well, busy ground for a lack of better words. Manual is the way to go to prevent this or a smaller coil that will see less. Crank that baby on up to 28 or 29 manual and learn it. It will make a difference, former 3 year ETrac user here, the machine is as it's best wide open! If you want it to be quiet, go sit by a lake in the middle of the woods. That dog will hunt when used properly.

If a lower sensitivity does'nt work out for you, then your only option might be to use a smaller coil, or get used to the chatter - sometimes you can be lucky and find the system within the chatter.

/Steffen

Try all the suggestions the guys above have said. I would rather be at a lower sensitivity and be somewhat stable than running hot and getting false signals. Running hot its to easy to miss a good signal coming thru.

Back
Top Bottom