A Spade, Secret Treasure, and Two Stupid Kids

SnakeSpiritDude

Thought I'd share a little anecdote from this evening:cool3:

So, I roll into this elementary school, not really sure what I'm after. I figure I'll only have 30 minutes, due to it being winter and all, so I pick this courtyard with a little drain and some trees. As I'm surveying the land, 2 boys who look as they are around 10-12 years old are approaching the basketball court across from where I'm located at full speed on their bikes. I could tell by the obnoxious tone in their voices as they yelled out into the air that they would be trouble. They set their bikes down on the pavement near the court, but one of them turns and says in a loud voice, "hey, this is private property, ma'am", followed by a snicker. Now, seeing as how I was misgendered a moment ago due to my long hair, that kinda ticks me off. So in return, I say "look guys, just your thing and I'll do mine, okay?" I turn back to dig my hole, and not 5 seconds go by when the sound of a clunking bike chain catches my attention. "Do we have a problem here, guys?" One of them looks at me and goes, "You're digging on our turf, pal." I wasn't about to get kicked out by a couple of kids so I choose my next line very carefully. "Ok, that's fine, no problem. I guess we will never get to find that fortune, oh well." I then proceeded to use my old 6th grade theatre skills to play a convincing man who is certain that there was a man who worked at the school and he was very rich, and he was diagnosed with some sickness and he put all of his belongings in a storage unit down the street. I also said that the key was somewhere here, and we just have to find it. Their eyes lit up and believed every word I said. I told them that they could buy some gear at the target down the road, and then they'd be set to start excavating the courtyard. There is my story! Didn't find anything good, but did have an experience like no other before:laughing:

I’m amazed the balls kids have today. I was in a movie theater BC (before Covid) with my family and two young girls in front of us were laughing out loud with real foul language. I asked them to stop as I had kids. After a while, one left and came back with the manager. He wanted to throw me out for telling the girls to shut the F up.
Sitting next to us was a cop with his family. Guess who had to leave!

I’m amazed the balls kids have today. I was in a movie theater BC (before Covid) with my family and two young girls in front of us were laughing out loud with real foul language. I asked them to stop as I had kids. After a while, one left and came back with the manager. He wanted to throw me out for telling the girls to shut the F up.
Sitting next to us was a cop with his family. Guess who had to leave!

Yeah, I don't get people who thrive off of the annoyance of others.

Back
Top Bottom