crh

kcin85

did my first crh with halves today got1 roll and got all brand new 1971's should i go back to that bank or is that common?

Don't waste your time with one roll at a time. Take all the cash you can afford to carry and buy all they have. If you buy one and you get out to your car and find silver in it you'll wish you had bought them all.

Been there done that. I bought a few rolls and they said they had a few more. Went back later to get the rest and they were gone. Now I will always wonder what was in those other rolls.

After the lesson I learned I went another bank and bought $260 worth (all they had) and wound up with 84 YES 84 40% kennedy halves.

Now I carry $1000 with me when I go out on patrol. Another thing to keep in mind. Older tellers know about silver coins and keep an eye out for them. When I first started doing this. I asked for halves and the teller checked each roll before she handed them to me. She said she was counting, but she was just looking at the edge of the coins.

If you have a choice go to the younger tellers.

I did this a few times a couple years ago. I'd get $100 worth at a time (halves). I would get a few 40% halves just about every time, also got an occasional 90% silver half. Even the machine-wrapped rolls had some silver. Your best bet is to get the customer wrapped rolls, unless they have been wrapped by another CRHer. Apparently the average person doesn't realize the 1965-1969 halves are 40% silver.

Back
Top Bottom