$1.00 Coin Story

To save money? Really? They have already minted billions of dollar coins because of a mandate, and they're just sitting in a bank vault somewhere.

being in a country that has both $1 and $2 dollar coins, i can honestly say it's FUN finding them!! and since we're in the process of doing away with the penny, hey.... i'll take the 1's and 2's any day! hehe. :giggle:

To save money? Really? They have already minted billions of dollar coins because of a mandate, and they're just sitting in a bank vault somewhere.

It would save money, but in order to get people to use them, they MUST stop printing $1s. People won't switch until they are forced to. Part of the problem (I think) is the vending machine manufacturers/owners who need to modify their machines to take the coins.

-- Tom

Most of the $ coins I find are in school yards. Someone is using them. Milk money.

I've seen some vending machines set up for the dollar coin. I just don't have a lot of them to spend. I guess I could go to the banks though.

Not all coin mechs... but many will accept the coins, they go back as far as SBA dollars for dimensions and weight.

The walbobs changer will convert them into quarters.

I love the things myself.

Heck, they change these Ipads, cellphones, and every other gadget within months. The vendors will do fine, couple of changes and coins are in. Plus, metal detecting would be fun finding a few dollar coins. Just don't make them out of IRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless your "Iron Man" Black Sabbath

It would save money, but in order to get people to use them, they MUST stop printing $1s. People won't switch until they are forced to. Part of the problem (I think) is the vending machine manufacturers/owners who need to modify their machines to take the coins.

-- Tom

I work for a vending company 95% of my machines take the $1 coins.

I work on slot machines and figure I should toss my expertise out here. Converting a kiosk to take different denoms, coins, bills, tickets, tokens is INCREDIBLY EASY and depending on the equipment involved can take as little as a couple minutes. I'm all for getting some more coins here in the USA (I envy you canadian detectorists!!)

The coins will be a plastic ( pvc) material so they wont weigh down your pocket. :D. Ok I'm just messing with you. But really haven't they tried that before with the SBA and Sacajawea and Eisenhower. They are fun to find but NOT silver:mad:

Are the new brass dollars interchangeable with the older Susan B. Anthonys? Or do the machines take only the new brass dollars?

Just curious,

-- Tom

Takes older Susan B. Anthonys as well some of our drivers have found the $5.00 mexican coin in there machines. The machine just counts it as a $1.00 coin.

Back
Top Bottom