Silver thimble #2 FTY

Dan B.

Elite Member
After coming home from the dentist yesterday (second trip for root canal) I was moping around the house complaining that the dentist visit took up detecting time. The wife said you have plenty of time to go out for a short trip(hour and a half) before you need to leave for work. I'm glad she made me go.
This is my second silver thimble this year how often do you guys find silver thimbles. Or is it on your bucket list. Show me your pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20181115_100227.jpg
    IMG_20181115_100227.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_20181115_100543.jpg
    IMG_20181115_100543.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 283
Super find! People must have sat outside under a shade tree to do a lot of their sewing because there are a lot of thimbles found in the yards.

beephead

I’ve not found 1 yet but I’d love to. Those are some very nice thimbles.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

I have found two brass thimble but not a silver one.

Yours look great and not smashed like my two brass ones.

Hopefully you find a silver one sometime soon. That the bottoms of both of these thimble we're actually bent almost completely closed. I straightened them out by using different sizes of dowel rods sharpened like a pencil gently tapping them with a small block of wood to make them round again.

On my bucket list for sure. Congrats on both of yours. Nice finds!!

I’ve not found 1 yet but I’d love to. Those are some very nice thimbles.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Great finds, Congrats on both of them!

Those are both beautiful. Still waiting for mine.

Congrats, nice silver thimble. :hi5:

That would be so fun to find!

That's a nice find, especially for being#2....congrats!

Wow! Very nice

Thanks to you all. Hopefully Santa puts one under your coil soon.

Super find! People must have sat outside under a shade tree to do a lot of their sewing because there are a lot of thimbles found in the yards.

beephead

Yes I have found lots of aluminum thimbles. And based on the amount of porcelain buttons I find on top of the ground they must have spent a lot of time sewing.

That's a nice find, especially for being#2....congrats!

I see what you did there! :lol:

Hopefully you find a silver one sometime soon. That the bottoms of both of these thimble we're actually bent almost completely closed. I straightened them out by using different sizes of dowel rods sharpened like a pencil gently tapping them with a small block of wood to make them round again.

Awesome, find - both are beautiful (I remember seeing #1 in person :grin:), but I think number 2 might be even more spectacular! Nice hunting!

And thanks for that detail about gently reshaping them with dowels - that knowledge will surely come in handy for me at some point.

You did a real nice job unbending them. They do look great.

Back
Top Bottom