• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

chest waders

kansa54

Was just wondering if anyone knows of any good chest waders for under $200.
I've had hip waders in the past that would start leaking after only 3 or 4 times in the water.
Would hate to spend a lot of money and have them leak after a couple times out.

Frogg Troggs around $100 bucks they are a soft sock type so you will waer some type of shoe with them.

There's the Frog Togg Hellbenders too, they're boot foot. I have a pair and love em but they leaked in the first 3 or 4 trips out. Sent them back in and they replaced them super fast. So far so good on the second pair.

No leak Chest Waders? For metal detecting? Under $200? Fergeddaboutit!

As a chest wader wearing cold water tard for 40yrs, THEY ALL LEAK!

I just go with the cheapest Prolines and try to find as much gold to pay them off as fast as I can that my poor frozen pills can tolerate...then I get a new set and start all over on the payoff...Its like a total bummer! Like the Never Ending Story!

You would think by now theres a set of waders available that dont ever leak and you get your moneys worth out of them? Well..have a go on your Holy Grail Quest buddy!

It cant be that hard though? Non-leaking Waders? I bet Elon Musk could help us out here if he wasnt so distracted with making golf carts and fireworks!:laughing: Its gonna take somebody like that to get us good waders someday...somebody that just dont care about the financials....

Seems all the great minds of our time are concerned about getting to Mars or making a golf cart...Nobody gives one damn about my frozen pills...so yeah, as in most things in Life, to be happy, a guy accepts failure and learns to live with disappointment...knowing his pills will eventually thaw, and once again slowly descend from his intestines...

Just have they have always done..for 40yrs of Winter in Waders......Its nice to see them in the Spring in the mirror! Like daffodils or Hummingbirds! "Hey Boys! Glad to see you made it through!" "I thought I lost you this season!":laughing:

I think Mud just about said it all. I wont buy anymore waders because its just a waste for me in the long run. Im waiting to buy a dry suit next.

But if you plan to buy chest waders any way then I would probably just go with the cheapest Prolines and find enough gold to pay them off.

I buy frog togs because I find them to be the most comfortable to wear and walk a long ways in. But they leak. More like they seep a bit.
Face it, we spend more time in deeper water than about any fisherman does so we really test waders beyond what most folks ever will.

Frogg togg is Algonquin for wet crotch. :lol:

My Froggs Toggs are about 3 years old and still no leaks. A little shoe goo will fix any leaks (if you can find the leak).

I buy frog togs because I find them to be the most comfortable to wear and walk a long ways in. But they leak. More like they seep a bit.
Face it, we spend more time in deeper water than about any fisherman does so we really test waders beyond what most folks ever will.

Frogg togg is Algonquin for wet crotch. :lol:

Just flex seal them when they leak!

My Froggs Toggs are about 3 years old and still no leaks. A little shoe goo will fix any leaks (if you can find the leak).

Whoa... Where you been Crumble? Did you come out of you summer hibernation to search for winter erosion?

Good to see you posting!

R5

My last pair of Red Ball canvas waders lasted 20 years, including 4 years of hard core frozen water hunting without leaking..

My new pair of canvas have been great for a couple years too..

Stay away from neoprene!!!!

<°)))>{

Just flex seal them when they leak!

I just got a pair of $250 5mm bull toggs from ebay for $100 with a coupon! Discontinued model, I can't wait to try them out. I have never had top of the line waders before maybe these baybee's don't leak like the amphibians do! :cool:

Hey Rat what happened to fall around here? We went from monsoons to winter overnight!

zzbulltogg.jpg

I just got a pair of $250 5mm bull toggs from ebay for $100 with a coupon! Discontinued model, I can't wait to try them out. I have never had top of the line waders before maybe these baybee's don't leak like the amphibians do! :cool:

Hey Rat what happened to fall around here? We went from monsoons to winter overnight!

View attachment 429219

Before you know it everything will be frozen over

Frogg Troggs around $100 bucks they are a soft sock type so you will waer some type of shoe with them.

yes frogg toggs 3 mm neoprene is what i use in winter work great only $110 or less my 1st pair lasted almost 6 years just bought a brand new pair for this year

Back
Top Bottom