Where to find carbon fiber tube?

HEM

Forum Supporter
Hi Everyone,

Its maybe 8 month that I have noted posted anything on MDF. Since my father pass away I was not really in the mood to go metal detecting, well I'm back and think its time to find some hidden treasures :). I'm upgrading my Excalibur straight shaft, I used an aluminum tube which fits nicely on the coil shaft but now I wish to upgrade to a carbon fiber tube, I Google for it but don't know the exact diameter I have to look for... problem is here we read in centimeter and millimeters and U.S.A uses inches which makes it difficult for me to find the exact diameter... If you know an online store which sell those tubes please let me know or send the me the link, metric reading does not matter only that the carbon fiber tube fits the Excalibur coil shaft.

i would not recommend carbon fiber... i have worked with it in the past and it breaks too easy in one direction (againsed the tube in your case)... might be fine if you don't accidentally hit a tree though.

i would not recommend carbon fiber... i have worked with it in the past and it breaks too easy in one direction (againsed the tube in your case)... might be fine if you don't accidentally hit a tree though.

thanks for the info, I think I'll stick with the aluminum

Check ebay. About as easy to order a carbon fiber shaft already done. Know several guys using them. Still haven't seen one break. I used to use carbon fiber kayak paddles and never broke one. And you sit on those to get in and out of a kayak so you don't flip over getting in/out. Some say the carbon fiber gives you even more depth because the detector doesn't see the shaft like it does an aluminum one. CTX is carbon fiber by the way.

Yes carbon fiber should not break easily at all. It wrapped in alternating directions so it should not have a direction that it would break any easier then another.

There is a reason that Lamoborghini and the like use it for there body panels and frames of their cars. WEIGHT SAVINGS and STRENGTH......

Check ebay. About as easy to order a carbon fiber shaft already done. Know several guys using them. Still haven't seen one break. I used to use carbon fiber kayak paddles and never broke one. And you sit on those to get in and out of a kayak so you don't flip over getting in/out. Some say the carbon fiber gives you even more depth because the detector doesn't see the shaft like it does an aluminum one. CTX is carbon fiber by the way.

Yes this is the reason why I wanted CF shaft

HEM, I've made many with boat Bimini top aluminum tubing. Very light if not lighter than CF

I must have bad luck with carbon fiber then... i broke 3 tubes a year ago... and some titanium rods with that (well that more or less bent) :(

Purchased mine on eBay. I forget the size but the Excalibar lower shaft fit so perfect. There was no play at all but it was very easy to slide in and out. I will look up the millimeter and try and post it tomorrow with the sellers name

I must have bad luck with carbon fiber then... i broke 3 tubes a year ago... and some titanium rods with that (well that more or less bent) :(

They used titanium to hold my head on. I hope it don't break:lol:

Attachments

• SAM_1105.jpg
    SAM_1105.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 492
Back
Top Bottom