Early Hunt, Gold and Silver

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I went back to the beach where I found all those silvers and wheat's and noticed someone had hammered my spot :roll: someone left iron targets all over the place... I still hunted it because I know not everything is found... I crawled there and pulled a couple more silvers and the small size 5 artcarved 14k ring... also pulled a couple of wheat's as well...

I met up with Mark and he was swinging his TDI PRO to start before switching over to his Excal... I don't know what he found...

Attachments

• 100_0064.jpg
    100_0064.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 548
  • 100_0063.jpg
    100_0063.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 558
  • 100_0062.jpg
    100_0062.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 543
That's a nice one!! You sure have Mastered that excalibur!!

Congrats on the gold! I was thinking of heading to 'the spot' today but continued with my yard work. The beach has been calling me but I have not been since running into Bruce earlier in the week.

On the small gold ring Craig, happy hunting Earl

Thanks Earl... anything yellow is a good day ;)

Way to go! How far a crawl from your house?:shock::laughing:

I had to go back and see what I posted Larry... what I meant was I took my time overlapping my swings.. the area is loaded with bits of iron...

There it is!!!!

Awesome hunt Craig!

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice...

That's a nice one!! You sure have Mastered that excalibur!!

Joe... that is why I got rid of my Dual Field and shortly my two GT's... I just prefer the Excal over the rest of what I was using at the beach... ;)

Great job!! You are always bringing home some awesome finds. You always seem to be zoned in on the beaches up there.

Thanks Hawk.. I try and hunt small beaches that others look at and say no way :yes:

Awesome looking gold Craig- congrats! :yes:

Thanks George... you buy that new detector yet? :D

Nice looking ring, looks like the patience paid off!

Thanks Zee.. that ring had been there a while.. its all scratched up and discolored.. I was saying to Joe this morning that I believe it was up on the upper slope and got pulled down as it was full of sand and not mud where I was digging.

nice hunt craig congrats on that gold ring shes a beauty, i didnt find much nothing worth a post :D again great job so it did say 14 karat art carved my eyes arent that bad YET!!:laughing: wtg

nice hunt craig congrats on that gold ring shes a beauty, i didnt find much nothing worth a post :D again great job so it did say 14 karat art carved my eyes arent that bad YET!!:laughing: wtg

You are still young Mark.. so yes you were correct and thanks :)

:dingding: Nice going on the newer gold Craig! ;) I think if I found one of those old bullets I'd be as happy as the gold. Just goes to show.

:dingding: Nice going on the newer gold Craig! ;) I think if I found one of those old bullets I'd be as happy as the gold. Just goes to show.

Thanks Felix... I don't think its all that new... Art Carved started their company in 1910... its stained from the mud and iron targets nearby and looks like it has been rolling around in the rocks and sand where I found it for a while..

Congrats on the silvers and Artcarved gold...nice ring Craig!

Thanks Bruce... you go out this morning?

Another nice hunt there,,, The gold just makes it so much better.

Thanks fdutra... trust me this beach I hunt has given up maybe 11 gold in the 11 years I have been hunting it... targets are extremely deep.. years ago I dug an 1892 wedding band there with my Dual Field... I don't bother hunting the flats with my Excal because I know most of the gold is way deeper than the Excal can reach.. I was happy to score gold there today... I expect silver there but I don't get my hopes up for yellow ;)

Sweet hunt Craig, Grats on the yellow. I just don't get it when guys leave their junk targets by the hole. Guess they like to come back and dig them AGAIN tomorrow.

How many times have we talked about how we like to clean out the iron so we can hear those deep faints. Whoever left all the junk doesn't believe in that theory.

Congrats on the gold! I was thinking of heading to 'the spot' today but continued with my yard work. The beach has been calling me but I have not been since running into Bruce earlier in the week.

Don't bother Charlie... in the water its a thick soup of silt anywhere from 5 to a foot deep of it and the slopes have had a lot of loose sand pushed up...

Interesting bullet--any idea of what it is?

Not sure but it looks like a 45 cal maybe a long colt? the beach has quite a bit of history going back to the 1700's.

Sweet hunt Craig, Grats on the yellow. I just don't get it when guys leave their junk targets by the hole. Guess they like to come back and dig them AGAIN tomorrow.

How many times have we talked about how we like to clean out the iron so we can hear those deep faints. Whoever left all the junk doesn't believe in that theory.

Exactly... it amazes me that some are so lazy not to take it away... sooner or later they will dig up that same target... and thanks Frank :)

Back
Top Bottom