First ring of the year

joelogan25

I've had a major gold slump this year. I don't know the reasons why but it has been frustrating to say the least. I went out this morning for a couple of hours and the targets were almost non existent but I found this interesting ring. It took a good 3 or 4 big scoops to get down to it, and at first I thought it was a kids ring. It doesn't have any hallmarks or anything else stamped in it but the gold is testing at 22K. The stone appears to be emerald I'm not positive. It looks old to me but I'm not sure. Can anyone here help me figure out how old it might be? Hopefully this is a sign of more to come! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Ring2.jpg
    Ring2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 728
  • Ring1.jpg
    Ring1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 748
Congrats on the ring... almost looks like a emerald to me... could be a emerald cabochon..

Nice find, looks emeraldish to me too.

Take a picture with a light behind the stone.

Went to an antique jewelry dealer today. He confirmed that the ring is 18K and the stone is emerald. However, it was his opinion that the ring is not old. He basically said it was a roughly made ring hand made in some third world country. I asked him why he came to that conclusion and he said the emerald was poor quality and the type of solder joints where the band meets the setting were crude. IDK. I want to believe that its much older then what he claims but its all good regardless.

Went to an antique jewelry dealer today. He confirmed that the ring is 18K and the stone is emerald. However, it was his opinion that the ring is not old. He basically said it was a roughly made ring hand made in some third world country. I asked him why he came to that conclusion and he said the emerald was poor quality and the type of solder joints where the band meets the setting were crude. IDK. I want to believe that its much older then what he claims but its all good regardless.

You can always get a second opinion.

Get a second opinion. look for a place that does appraisals. Say you need it appraised for insurance. Keep us posted. Hh gl-Joe

almost looks like gem silica from Peru to me. Has distinct inclusions. Do you have a diamond /hardness tester?
You are right. It kinda does. I don't have a hardness tester though. I guess a jeweler or pawnshop might have one?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom