Irons you dirty pirate

North☆Star;2766395 said:
It would be great to have another person around that loves detecting. I can honestly say that I have never once seen anyone out at parks or beaches or doing door knocks. Landowners have told me I've been the second third forth etc to ask do I do know they are around!

I have been SCUBA certified for almost 5 years. I am far from being a professional and lucky to make it out two or three times a summer, but I love it. I have been saving for a CZ21 and I have hopes that not many people have been out past wading depths. It's exciting to think about all the possibilities out there if a guy were the first to cover all that real estate 😁

Michigan seems like the place to be for water hunting in this part of the country. There are a number of you respected guys on that body of water and from what we can all see, you guys have a lot of fun and do quite well!
I used to be like you.. never see anyone detecting. LAST summer I was surrounded more than once by other detectors. most recently I had 5 other detectorists hiding in the parking lot to see where I started hunting. As soon as I started digging lots of holes close to each other they hopped out of the car and started detecting 3ft away from me... The point is, in time you will appreciate the alone time

What is higher, the street value of that ring, or those mushrooms? Sweet hunt.

BCD

Those Morels fetch a pretty handsome price...yet, they show up year after year so a guy can always go and get them in season ...Lake Michigan Gold may only be uncovered once in 100yrs, and then maybe for only a few hours....so its a toss up and a guy has to be aware of this...

One thing, a guy dont need waders to hunt 'shrooms, or any fancy equipment, just a $10 State issued 'Land use permit'....so yeah..all things considered, condensing it down into dollar amount....the 'shrooms were a better ROI for the Rat...That heavy Frederick Goldman gold he found is never gonna get replenished in that area, so he hit it at just the right time....

Sorta gotta be a multi skilled hunter and watch the weather and follow the seasons...Rat hit the two Sports just perfectly here, snagged $300 in gold, a nice plate of 'shrooms, held down a job, took care of his young Family... Exhibited Impeccable time management and multidiscipline Subsistence Hunter skills!...plus, a romantic sunset!:laughing:

Last edited:
Those Morels fetch a pretty handsome price...yet, they show up year after year so a guy can always go and get them in season ...Lake Michigan Gold may only be uncovered once in 100yrs, and then maybe for only a few hours....so its a toss up and a guy has to be aware of this...

One thing, a guy dont need waders to hunt 'shrooms, or any fancy equipment, just a $10 State issued 'Land use permit'....so yeah..all things considered, condensing it down into dollar amount....the 'shrooms were a better ROI for the Rat...That heavy Frederick Goldman gold he found is never gonna get replenished in that area, so he hit it at just the right time....

Sorta gotta be a multi skilled hunter and watch the weather and follow the seasons...Rat hit the two Sports just perfectly here, snagged $300 in gold, a nice plate of 'shrooms, held down a job, took care of his young Family... Exhibited Impeccable time management and multidiscipline Subsistence Hunter skills!...plus, a romantic sunset!:laughing:

Well I guess I'm a criminal I never knew that you had to get a permit to take mushrooms off of land that we own. Thanks for the info Mud.

I went to the spot that irons went to an found the 22k ring. Mud and I know he snuck in our spot even though he blocked out the background. Only dug 20 or so targets but he left me a nice 14k 11.22 gram Frederick Goldman ring. I think I will take a nice week long vacation up to a town up near m55 and join me. Irons soon and scoop up what he is missing.

Yes and I pounded the morels also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11.2 Grams! That's SICK! What an awesome ring!

Back
Top Bottom