Minelab CTX 3030 - Tracking 'Out for Delivery'

beephead

Elite Member
I'll be hanging around the house today. I may need to take something for my nerves when I start trying to get all the settings and features figured out.

beephead

I'll be hanging around the house today. I may need to take something for my nerves when I start trying to get all the settings and features figured out...
Detector is easy to run...
Agreed, it is pretty much a turn-on-and-go machine. It isn't easily influenced by EMI or crazy ground conditions, so when you get a signal, its almost certainly a target.

Congrats on the new heater!

Last edited:
Remember not all headphones will work using CTX.
What I mean is - Some headphones will not extinguish external speaker when used.

If you ever buy aftermarket headphones keep this in mind. Be sure to ask and or mention this to your dealer. Tell them you want to use them with CTX.

Man I'm excited for ya, you've obviously got a lot of run time on other machines,..I'm anxious to see what you think as you move forward with it.

I'll be hanging around the house today. I may need to take something for my nerves when I start trying to get all the settings and features figured out.

beephead

Hey I'm happy for you! Now you will have to retire the MXT. I think you will love it, have you used the Etrac before?

No, I've never used a Etrac. Time will tell if I retire my MXT Pro. It's a lot detector for the money and is super fun to use especially with SEF 8 x 6 & 5 x 10 search coils.

beephead

Don’t know if you’ve ever had one in your hands but they are well balanced machines. I remember the first time I ever had one I imagined the screen head to be much larger than it is but you will dig the goods I’m sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I've never used a Etrac. Time will tell if I retire my MXT Pro. It's a lot detector for the money and is super fun to use especially with SEF 8 x 6 & 5 x 10 search coils.

beephead

Just curious, out of all the detectors you have tried which is your favorite go to machine? I have retired all mine as of lately , but still hang on to the etrac, v3i, cz3d and mojave for testing purposes mostly.

Just curious, out of all the detectors you have tried which is your favorite go to machine? I have retired all mine as of lately , but still hang on to the etrac, v3i, cz3d and mojave for testing purposes mostly.

There's something special about all the detectors that I presently own. That's why I have so many. My best silver coins year was 253 silver coins in just 101 hunts. My very best find was with the Tesoro Mojave. I find the most gold rings with my Tesoro detectors. The MXT Pro and Omega v6 are both very productive and fun to use. The Deus is just awesome. I can't wait to see how the CTX stacks up.

beephead

My CTX arrived and it looks brand spanking new. Thank you Craig! I've played with it a little out in the yard trying different settings. I've got a whole lot to learn, but thankfully I have Wegund to talk me though how best to set it for my type detecting. He has a lot of patience to walk a tech dummy like me though everything.

beephead

My CTX arrived and it looks brand spanking new. Thank you Craig! I've played with it a little out in the yard trying different settings. I've got a whole lot to learn, but thankfully I have Wegund to talk me though how best to set it for my type detecting. He has a lot of patience to walk a tech dummy like me though everything.

beephead

You'll do well.
Better have a sturdy digger ready to go. Lol

After you use a few times, you'll see why I said this.

Remember not all headphones will work using CTX.
What I mean is - Some headphones will not extinguish external speaker when used.

If you ever buy aftermarket headphones keep this in mind. Be sure to ask and or mention this to your dealer. Tell them you want to use them with CTX.

Yep, my Killer B Wasp headphones won't work properly when plugged directly into the unit, but work perfectly when plugged into the remote. I wonder if Minelab designed it that way on purpose?

beephead

Back
Top Bottom