$900???

gfbohn

NOT complaining .... just an observation / question. Let's take the NOX. Where is the $900 price justified? It's a circuit board, a plastic housing, an aluminum pole and a coil. Again ... not complaining as I'll probably get one ... but if you think about it ... there's not that much there for $900. I know the manufacturer and the retail outlet need to make a profit .... but it seems to me it's pretty steep for mostly plastic and aluminum. Even a MAX for $700 seems ... well ... you get my drift. Thanks for reading my rant / observation / question. Keep on swinging!

if you only looks at raw parts...but manufacturing costs/labor, shipping, marketing, and the most costly R&D add up.

You're not factoring in Research and Development, company overhead, supply chain management, etc etc. Lot more in the price than material costs.

Price seems to be dependent on who you deal with. I pre ordered my Nox 800 through a small, local metal detecting shop on 1/10. It was in my hands on 2/28 for $799 + tax. Doubt these prices are still around today but I am quite happy with the cost and performance of this machine. Blows away every detector I've used before and is well on the way to paying for itself with all my finds from the last month.

I think I paid $1100 for mine with the 11" and controller, we both bought our Deus almost the same week.

Ditto, I payed 1100 for mine with a 9 inch and our coils ARE wireless. I was crawling under brush with just my lower stem and coil, had the remote in my pocket, woopsie , did I just find something the latest hype machine can't do?:roll::p

Factor this

Sponsor 800-850 , your getting wireless headphones , and a Module with the machine, and has more advanced setting's than the 600 model, it is the best bang going for the buck, bottom line, OH i forgot to mention Best performing machine 4 the buck, :lol::yes: happy Nox hunting, :lol: Earl

I read somewhere that Minelab has 3-4 PHD engineers and/or physicists working for them. If that's true, that could explain the costs.

$900.00!!!!
I have at least $3000.00 in detector and coils and head phones for my CTX that is now mothballed thanks to the Nox 800 I have.......
Its a good price, trust me!
HH!

You've got development costs, manufacturing costs, and marketing costs. Certainly, consumers are paying a lot more than what it costs to manufacture a Nox unit. But, in terms of performance relative to other machines, the Nox is plenty of bang for the buck, so consumers aren't getting a bad deal. If it turns out that the Kruzer works as well as the Nox, or even almost as well, we'll see prices coming down and consumers will get an even better deal.

Hard to say how much Minelab spent developing the Nox and has to recoup--ML has been playing around with multi-frequency technology for a long time, after all, so didn't exactly start from scratch.

Getting back to manufacturing costs, the interesting question is how easy it would be for Chinese knock-off artists to reverse engineer the Nox. If it can be done, lots of profit there, as reverse-engineer costs must be a lot less than honest development costs :)

You obviously haven't seen this. Admittedly not as expensive as the Nox or Deus but still....

Attachments

• pen.jpg
    pen.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 299
Prices on the Nox 800 are at or above MSRP because of the lack of availability and competition in that price range. Prices should drop some when the market gets saturated or something better comes along for the money. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. Even at current prices the Nox seems like a lot of detector for the money. I won't know for sure until I try one firsthand. lol

beephead

One the one hand, I agree totally that pretty much all of these detectors are over priced... With that said, the Nox is one of the better bang for your buck detectors.

BCD

Back
Top Bottom