Charging equinox 800???

People have some really cool setups for charging , there are some threads on here and other forums about them. Gonna invest in something later , but for now my cell phone charger works pretty good

Almost all wallpack USB chargers will work fine. Many are using cell phone chargers. Just as long as it does not exceed 5.2 volts output.

a cell phone charger with around 2 amp output will charge it in around 4 hours.. some other chargers may take up to 18 hours

Anker powerport 6. You charge 6 devices at 2.2 amps per port. So you can charge the detector, the headphones, and additional rechargers. Less than $20 at Walmart.

Your computer will take over 16 hours. Tried that with a CTX once:lol:

My desktop takes about 4 hours. I have one cord in it and one in my Ram.

I sure wish they had replaceable batteries and battery packs. I am great at leaving my toys in my truck and forgetting to charge them. The 8 cell pack for the E-Trac saved me more than once. I am trying to learn new tricks.

I went out at 3am to get my machine to plug it in this morning.

Just a rumor I heard but won't the Deus charge it up and not lose any of it's own power while doing it?

Last edited:
Same here. I use the RNB Battery in my Etrac but I jave a backup battery pack with me. I bought a power to use with my Nox 800 when it gets here

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I sure wish they had replaceable batteries and battery packs. I am great at leaving my toys in my truck and forgetting to charge them. The 8 cell pack for the E-Trac saved me more than once. I am trying to learn new tricks.

Just a rumor I heard but won't the Deus charge it up and not lose any of it's own power while doing it?

I saw mention of running the Nox off a power bank. Guessing everyone will start to carry one for emergency sake, they are getting better and better with the power bank capacity.

I saw mention of running the Nox off a power bank. Guessing everyone will start to carry one for emergency sake, they are getting better and better with the power bank capacity.

I have been using one of these to charge up my Nox. Takes about an hour and a half to go from 1 bar to full charge and has the capacity for multiple recharges. I believe this is faster recharge rate than an AC adapter. I originally bought it in case my Nox battery died in the field but haven't needed it yet. It's heavy so I leave it in the car with the solar panel up so it constantly recharges it self by day. Also great for cell phones and tablets needing juice. $36 from Amazon. :grin:

Attachments

• Fotor_152260412398042.jpg
    Fotor_152260412398042.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 2,059

I tried to make a joke to get this thread onto a Deus but I guess it wasn't funny or folks didn't catch it. The Deus threads always turn to the Nox so I was thinking we could change things up a little! :lol:

I know I run my Equinox for hours and head home with a full battery. The actual CTX batteries are small and I run it all day and it stays at full charge. Will say since you cant adjust a 600 backlight it would be better to get an 800 and run it on dim.

I know I run my Equinox for hours and head home with a full battery. The actual CTX batteries are small and I run it all day and it stays at full charge. Will say since you cant adjust a 600 backlight it would be better to get an 800 and run it on dim.

Yea I had factored in the backlight settings when choosing between the two models as well. Kinda hoping I won't need the external power bank but that solar charging option is pretty cool.

Speaking of batteries, any threads related to travelling with the Nox? Figure the TSA probably wants the lithium ion battery in the carry ons?

Back
Top Bottom