Pretty hot for a 5" coil?

ghound

Elite Member
I got the latests version of the GM5+ a few weeks ago and ordered the 5" coil as i already had a few larger coils to suit.
I rarely use a small coil but enjoyed pulling some deep coins from a 1800's school yard today with it, i done an air test when i got home and it's defo an improvement on the older model.
https://youtu.be/TdlxXUTClaw

How do you small coil operator's rate it for depth?

I got the latests version of the GM5+ a few weeks ago and ordered the 5" coil as i already had a few larger coils to suit.
I rarely use a small coil but enjoyed pulling some deep coins from a 1800's school yard today with it, i done an air test when i got home and it's defo an improvement on the older model.
https://youtu.be/TdlxXUTClaw

How do you small coil operator's rate it for depth?

Have you done any airtest using Signum with a small coil???
Like the 6" coil??

No, not tried the signum TNSS, but im guessing it air tests well. A friend bought the Sorex pro a few weeks back but he said the ground around here just killed it for depth, he's gone back to his etrac.
The GM5 loses less than many other detectors i've tried in the ground, i think being able to boost the power to the coil has given it a bit more depth, good value machine.

No, not tried the signum TNSS, but im guessing it air tests well. A friend bought the Sorex pro a few weeks back but he said the ground around here just killed it for depth, he's gone back to his etrac.
The GM5 loses less than many other detectors i've tried in the ground, i think being able to boost the power to the coil has given it a bit more depth, good value machine.

Thanks,
You must have some bad ground,,worse than mine generally.

Generally 3-4 bars on a R2, eg that big penny in the video, the R2 (and a few others) couldn't get it past 9" in my test garden with stock coil.
I do have a couple of areas that are mild and there a joy to hunt.

Back
Top Bottom