Bottle expert needed

Shavnore

Elite Member
Found these two medicine bottles made by Owens in the 1920's, and my question is why on earth would someone be selling ONE for $326.00? Are they really worth that much? I mean I understand something is only worth how much someone would pay for it, I just don't see how these bottles are worth $300.

http://www.addoway.com/viewad/Antiq...Bottle-3viii-1920s-Bakelite-screw-cap-2017529

5ea882f4572c805d860195ef1ae53ff4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen a box full of them for $1 LOL! Some guys just throw a price out there waiting for someone to jump on it. My thoughts is it will be awhile before he get that kind of $ from one LOL!

I have seen a box full of them for $1 LOL! Some guys just throw a price out there waiting for someone to jump on it. My thoughts is it will be awhile before he get that kind of $ from one LOL!

I feel bad for whoever buys that bottle.. I'd send them one for free if they're that desperate lol

Ive collected and dug bottles for years. As you been correctly told these bottles carry literally no value to a bottle collector and might be sold for a $1 or two(at best) to some housewife at a flea market. Having said that I see grossly overpriced bottles on ebay all the time ( just like many other items). You can put a "Buy it Now" on anything at any price but unless someone is delusional they never sell.

Ive collected and dug bottles for years. As you been correctly told these bottles carry literally no value to a bottle collector and might be sold for a $1 or two(at best) to some housewife at a flea market. Having said that I see grossly overpriced bottles on ebay all the time ( just like many other items). You can put a "Buy it Now" on anything at any price but unless someone is delusional they never sell.

Thank you, that's what Ifigured just wanted some confirmation.

In the Grand Scheme of things, 97% of all bottles are worthless or near worthless. There's SO many out there. It's finding that good 3% that's the thing. Pop, Milks, some beers , and old embossed local meds are good. Also Turn of Century era things get good. Nearly all screwtops are junk. If finding good ones was easy, everyone would be doing it. Just my 2 cents.

In the Grand Scheme of things, 97% of all bottles are worthless or near worthless. There's SO many out there. It's finding that good 3% that's the thing. Pop, Milks, some beers , and old embossed local meds are good. Also Turn of Century era things get good. Nearly all screwtops are junk. If finding good ones was easy, everyone would be doing it. Just my 2 cents.

Interesting! So be on the lookout for milk, beer, soda and medicine! What kind of top are we looking for if not a screw top?

Thanks

Some high value bottles are 1800's whiskey if you can find rare ones.:yes:
I have only dug two decent ones and one brought $40.00(not alot) and the other brought only $20.00
A while ago at auction out here someone paid $75000! for a one year production multisided bitters bottle:shock:

Interesting! So be on the lookout for milk, beer, soda and medicine! What kind of top are we looking for if not a screw top?

Thanks

Cork top, bail top etc. Depends on the bottle, though. See here

http://www.sha.org/bottle/closures.htm

Keep in mind, though, any bottle is a "keeper" if you like it! Click my name and see my public photo albums for the bottles I collect.

I have dug bottles for 40 years , and may have found perhaps 20 bottles worth over a hundred dollars . and I have thousands ,yeah a barn full. so why do I go and dig for hours ? it' fun to find them . I leave 80% in the hole most of the time. the bum's who dig for money .are just that! BUMS !

I have dug bottles for 40 years , and may have found perhaps 20 bottles worth over a hundred dollars . and I have thousands ,yeah a barn full. so why do I go and dig for hours ? it' fun to find them . I leave 80% in the hole most of the time. the bum's who dig for money .are just that! BUMS !

So true (the 80%).

Back
Top Bottom