New F44

crazydigger

Elite Member
got my e mail from Bart at BBH sent out my F44 today. UPS tracking says it will be here before the end of the day on wed.6- 24- 15.weather permitting I will be out EARLY Thursday morning, Oh wait! meaning as long as it's not lightening! I can go! Let it rain who cares! LOL! :laughing:

I am virtually wetting myself to get one BUT alas I be broke & then broken if I add another at the moment :lol: -

Please let us know how it goes

THATS THE ATTITUDE!

I was going to say... Weather permitting? I have seen soooo many new ATP owners say "I wish it wasn't raining so I could test this thing out" WELL GO DO IT DANGIT!

As long as there is no heavy lightening I'm in the mix like a blender!

Be sure to write a review in a few weeks once you grasp it a bit. I for one amVERY curious how this machine will do. I've already seen some GREAT preliminary reviews now that they have hit some hands :)

THATS THE ATTITUDE!

I was going to say... Weather permitting? I have seen soooo many new ATP owners say "I wish it wasn't raining so I could test this thing out" WELL GO DO IT DANGIT!:)

I have an ATP and I do not like diggin in the MUD, digger gets MUDDY, Pinponter gets MUDDY, shoes caked in mud, wet clothes with underwear stickin to yer a##, you can NOT dig a good plug with mud, NO WAY to not leave a trace when you can't put the plug together right, the edges always show after the plug is back regardless of how careful you are with a MUDDY plug, then, you got to get in your car with mud caked all over you and get your seats soaking wet...

There's more to hunting in the rain than just the fact your machine is waterproof!

Ask me how I know all of that? :lol:

I have an ATP and I do not like diggin in the MUD, digger gets MUDDY, Pinponter gets MUDDY, shoes caked in mud, wet clothes with underwear stickin to yer a##, you can NOT dig a good plug with mud, NO WAY to not leave a trace when you can't put the plug together right, the edges always show after the plug is back regardless of how careful you are with a MUDDY plug, then, you got to get in your car with mud caked all over you and get your seats soaking wet...

There's more to hunting in the rain than just the fact your machine is waterproof!

Ask me how I know all of that? :lol:

Bro... I bought a new Subaru to dig with. That's it. New car just to get dirty. I don't care how dirty it gets. For the plugs, All you have to do to put the plug back nice is to push the edges of the grass (not the plug) towards the center of the hole (and not whimpy either), so when you flip the plug back it seats correctly. Try it and I bet you will be if nothing else just a LITTLE impressed. And who cares if the gear gets muddy, that's like saying you don't want to hit those baseballs you bought cause it will scuff them or you don't want to swing your new blades because the you might hit too big of a divot and dirty your clubs. This is an outdoor hobby that requires getting dirty. I don't mind sweating either... Maybe I'm a bit odd.

Shoes caked in mud and being wet was never a problem when I was a kid and as an adult, it's still not a problem. I'm not trying to one up everything you say, but for me... None of that !!!! matters.

Edit. Hit your diggers with Pam the next time it's wet when you go out also. WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.

One last edit.... I live in Seattle.... I know all about the muddy wet world.

Im looking forward to seeing more reviews of the F44. I like what I have read about them so far but real world reports from people actually using them in the field are so much more accurate than company claims.

got my e mail from Bart at BBH sent out my F44 today. UPS tracking says it will be here before the end of the day on wed.6- 24- 15.weather permitting I will be out EARLY Thursday morning, Oh wait! meaning as long as it's not lightening! I can go! Let it rain who cares! LOL! :laughing:

Be sure to give us your review of the Fisher F44. Love to get good feedback from fellow diggers! ;)

Bro... I bought a new Subaru to dig with. That's it. New car just to get dirty. I don't care how dirty it gets. For the plugs, All you have to do to put the plug back nice is to push the edges of the grass (not the plug) towards the center of the hole (and not whimpy either), so when you flip the plug back it seats correctly. Try it and I bet you will be if nothing else just a LITTLE impressed. And who cares if the gear gets muddy, that's like saying you don't want to hit those baseballs you bought cause it will scuff them or you don't want to swing your new blades because the you might hit too big of a divot and dirty your clubs. This is an outdoor hobby that requires getting dirty. I don't mind sweating either... Maybe I'm a bit odd.

Shoes caked in mud and being wet was never a problem when I was a kid and as an adult, it's still not a problem. I'm not trying to one up everything you say, but for me... None of that !!!! matters.

Edit. Hit your diggers with Pam the next time it's wet when you go out also. WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.

One last edit.... I live in Seattle.... I know all about the muddy wet world.

I get all that. I guess I forgot to mention that my wife b'es at me for getting the car filthy when its muddy outside...lol. Happy you could buy a car just fot digging. Not every one else is so lucky to be able to afford a car just to get it dirty. lol

Ive dug in rain a few times just wasnt fun due to all the mud.

Hi - I was wondering what actually comes with this metal detector (F44)

Do you get coil cover, arm strap etc?

I am unsure as some detectors you get these and some you do not

TIA

Don't know about cover but you do get "made in America", weather resistant, settings saved, 5 year warranty, and a group of features that some more costly detectors wish they had.:grin:

Good to know -

The five year non-transferable warranty is of no bonus to me but the weather resistant and the F44 itself has me excited - The saved settings looks like its needed for such a adjustable machine -

The reason I am asking (covers/strap) is to know if I have to order them in as extra's and could do it all in one go - I already am up to speed with those points you highlighted BW but thank you anyway

Good to know -

The five year non-transferable warranty is of no bonus to me but the weather resistant and the F44 itself has me excited - The saved settings looks like its needed for such a adjustable machine -

The reason I am asking (covers/strap) is to know if I have to order them in as extra's and could do it all in one go - I already am up to speed with those points you highlighted BW but thank you anyway

I will say. I bought a used Fisher at one point and had to have the coil repaired and The gentleman at Fisher was quick to ask if I had proof of being the original owner, after explaining I didn't and was unaware I needed it, he fixed my coil for a VERY discounted price and they covered shipping.... Not 100% awesome, but I'll take what I can get. Ya know?

So I feel like if you went used on this, because it's so new, I think they would honor it. Fisher has done just as good as Garrett for me in the "fix it" dept. although, I've only needed them twice (knock on wood).

Also, I hope fisher includes an armstrap. Something so cheap actually makes a WORLD of difference for me

No strap on the F44 included.

Felix is cross shipping me a new coil for my F22 and sent me a label to send in my bad one. Their support is very good and will work with you if out of warranty.

Also, I hope fisher includes an armstrap. Something so cheap actually makes a WORLD of difference for me

I agree with this entirely - Personally I think it should be a standard thing to include armstraps - I know many do NOT use one however if I am working in water or on a steep bank I do thread my arm through the strap as it frees both hands to operate those pesky Turkish Pointers:laughing: - kidding - I just find the detector feels more of an extension to your arm when its locked in, thats all -

Back
Top Bottom