got this beauty today

metalman709

got this from a friend of mine today....anybody know any particulars other than the usual???? and it is a blue one.....

Attachments

• mason jar.jpg
    mason jar.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 648
WRONG. Some are worth a lot but i dont collect them even though the Ball company is about 10 miles from me. I have seen those glass jars at auctions really go up there. Hope its a good one

If its am error can be worth decent money. If the number on the bottom is 13 it will bring decent money. Story(not true) is that they broke all of the 13 numbered jars. A basic aqua jar like that is worth 5bucks. Maybe a bit more. And that's if the zinc lid is intact and in great condition. The value is in the lid in this case. Personally I love those jars. At the inlaws farm, I've found 20-30 trash bags full of them. Only ones that have sold are the uneven error embossing and the 13 jars. If you come across a ton of them you can sometimes cl them for a couple of bucks each. If you find an odd colored one. Those can get into some nice money.

There's a red book for jars that seems to be the standard for determining rarity.

Back
Top Bottom