Another big bank score!!!

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
BANK SCORE ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

My Bank Teller Is The BEST!!! See looks out for me all the time! She told me a widow came in and said she needed to get rid of her coins.. Shes had these silver coins for a few days now and she keeps them in her drawer until I come in! Man I am glad she did! Here is what I received from her today!

(2) 40% Silver Kennedy Halves! 1968 & 1967 worth $4.68 EACH!

(5) 90% Silver Kennedy Halves 1964 worth $11.46 EACH!

Man I love Fridays!!! Happy Hunting To All!!

Attachments

• IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,254
Last edited:
Great finds. Now about those Eisenhower's. Do you know the difference between the silver ones and the common clad ones? Those coins are pretty tricky. I'm thinking they must have the S mint mark to be silver. I hope yours do. : )

Great finds. Now about those Eisenhower's. Do you know the difference between the silver ones and the common clad ones? Those coins are pretty tricky. I'm thinking they must have the S mint mark to be silver. I hope yours do. : )

Darn it!! I dont see the S mark! and the weight is 22.5 grams and not 24.59 grams... Oh well... I still did good.

Last edited:
Measuring the Metal Value of Coins – Base Metal, Gold, and Silver Coins

Home | About | Coin Calculators | Gold Coin Values | Silver Coin Values | Proof Sets | Countries Last Update: April 06, 2012

1971-1974, 1976 Silver Eisenhower Dollar Value (United States)
U.S. MINT SPECIFICATIONS
Denomination: $1.00
Obverse Image: Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th President of the United States.
Reverse Image: 1971-1974: Eagle flying over the moon holding an olive branch; tribute to the Apollo 11 mission.
1975-1976: Bicentennial design with the Liberty Bell in front of the moon (all were dated 1776-1976).
Metal Composition: 40% silver, 60% copper
Total Weight: 24.59 grams
Comments: All of the silver "Ike" coins were minted at the San Francisco Mint in 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, and 1976. These coins were either uncirculated or proof. Uncirculated coins came in cellophane with a blue plastic token in a blue envelope. Proof issues came in a proof set-like plastic case in a fancy brown wood colored box with a gold seal on back. The uncirculated coins are referred to as 'Blue Ikes' and the proofs as 'Brown Ikes'. Coins minted in 1975 and 1976 for the Bicentennial come with the quarter and the half dollar of that year. The uncirculated coins were sold by the Mint for three dollars; the proof version for ten dollars. Two varieties of the dollar were produced in 1976 and can be distinguished by the thickness of the lettering. [ ? ]

I'm begging you, read the preceding paragraph again. For the love of everything holy, read every word. If you typed "silver Eisenhower dollar value" in your search engine, you may end up here, but it does not mean your coin has any silver in it. Most Eisenhower dollars don't, especially if it's worn and circulated. The best way to distinguish the two versions is by weight. The copper-nickel version weighs 22.68 grams, the silver Ike dollar weighs 24.59 grams. Please visit the clad version of the Eisenhower Dollar page if you have a circulated, worn dollar.

Don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but wouldn't it be a good idea to let the widow know that her coins are worth a lot more than face value? I mean, maybe she actually needs the money and should receive fair value for them.

Don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but wouldn't it be a good idea to let the widow know that her coins are worth a lot more than face value? I mean, maybe she actually needs the money and should receive fair value for them.

Well according to my teller she brought in a bunch of coins not just silver.. She has cashing in a bunch. She just pulled them out for me.

But I bet if this was you, you would be glad to keep the silvers. Why not just give a congrats and move on?

Nice JB.
What I dont understand is why doesnt this teller just keep the silver for herself? Surely she must know the value of them silver coins.

Nice JB.
What I dont understand is why doesnt this teller just keep the silver for herself? Surely she must know the value of them silver coins.

Because she wants JB to take her on a shoreside moonlight stroll with lots of smooching of course!

Good score!

Not to segway or pick sides, but to her the value on each was .50 cents. Should we now be responsible to tell everyone, everything about everything?

Should JB now find out who this little old lady is (even though he is just a bank customer as well) and give her advice on to invest her money as well?

Just sayin'......

Greg

Not to segway or pick sides, but to her the value on each was .50 cents. Should we now be responsible to tell everyone, everything about everything?

Should JB now find out who this little old lady is (even though he is just a bank customer as well) and give her advice on to invest her money as well?

Just sayin'......

Greg

Exactly! Nicely said! Thanks!

Dang! Does this mean I need to start looking for the owners of all my dug silver and gold. :( :roll:

Congrats on the silvers! And stop robbing little old ladies! :laughing:

G2M

Dang! Does this mean I need to start looking for the owners of all my dug silver and gold. :( :roll:

Congrats on the silvers! And stop robbing little old ladies! :laughing:

G2M

Better start G2M.... That sure is alot of treasure to return. I hope the folks that were carrying these barber and mercs around are still alive.....if not maybe we can track down their relatives!

I am not as conscience bound as others though it seems.... so I will just keep my found items to me and mine.

Greg

Shame on you JB! If I find a coinstar silver or a silver in the ground I make every effort to return it to the original owner. The 1848 half I found I returned to some guy in a graveyard who died 120 years ago. You've got to tell the lady what those coins are worth and you MUST give her everything you own. It's the right thing to do...it's the right........thing......to do.......

Please stop calling JB, Shirley!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 8c1ea939-6114-4fc5-9e76-5d4c9244d575.jpg
    8c1ea939-6114-4fc5-9e76-5d4c9244d575.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,071

i'm sure when people bring in silvers the banks don't tell them that they are worth more and give them fair melt value

@jb great finds man , my wife works for an institution (you know the one out west) with the bear. Treat that teller real good as im sure she knows the value and is hooking you up you have a great thing going. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom