Crazed Creature Tomahawks Tundra!

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
From the land of the Bluenose.......MARCH BREAK...the horror....the horror! Rug rats screaming in the hallways. Rugrats screaming in the foyer. Me screaming as the walls were closing in ever so slowly. No hockey, no work and no house work do to (Marie would later argue this one bouys) so! Aw God I was going insane. A voice then cried out...dig, dig dig or was it the incessive ticking of the clock relaying a subliminal ominous message! A strong force took hold of me and no matter what I tried it dragged me forward, unending , towards....the digging bag. Before I knew it the Freedom 3 Plus was reassembled and ready to rock and roll. In my heightened state of unconciousness I meandered towards Goquickski when it hit me like a piano falling from a ten story building. How was I going to crack the permafrost? Father-in-law Bill to the rescue as he has a tool for every occasion and this one was to hack, hack and hack some more.

Armed with the axe I headed to a remote wooded area and wandered around swinging the coil this way and that with no real purpose as the madness was imbedded deeply.

47b7dd32b3127cce8295adf14aae00000016108AcM2bhk4ZN2

I was insane I say...and loving every moment of it. I felt alive...yes alive. A familar bell tone was heard and I hacked away feeling no remorse.

47b7dd32b3127cce8295adf4cb9b00000015108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Hacking, whacking, moaning and a groaning the tundra finally gave up it's treasure as a massive adrenalin rush pulled me closer to total madness.

47b7dd32b3127cce8295adf74aa800000016108AcM2bhk4ZN2

With a brief reprieve I begn to swing again as the trees called to me. Next sweet bell tone..hack, hack and out comes a...a...

47b7dd32b3127cce8295adff4aa000000016108AcM2bhk4ZN2

Was this a premonition or a warning for soon after this find I chopped out this

47b7dd32b3127cce8295adf0cb9f00000016108AcM2bhk4ZN2

I quickly checked all my body parts and was relieved to find that it was not from me. I then saw a vision of Elvis riding a polar bear through the woods! I blinked and he was gone!

Sanity was returning with the aid of the soft purr of my Garrett and after a few more "recovery extremus" I saddles up and headed home with 20 coins at 93 cents, a nut, wrench and a dewy.

47b7dd32b3127cce8295adf34aac00000016108AcM2bhk4ZN2

With the vcr set to record "General Hospital" Marie arrived home and ready for the supper that I didnt have on. What the halibut and it was off to Mays for curried cat and sweet and sour musk ox balls then to the movie to see some more whacking and hacking as "300" is playing. Give you the review on that film...if you are still.....alive!

Dude we have March Madness here in the States but nothing like that :lol:-- Nice finds!

a crazed man with a metal detector hacking at the permafrost, glad i wasn't there to see it ............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok now...just take it easy...thats right big fella...just put the hatchet down now...everything is going to be alright...Very nice coins you have there. :lol:

Jack

The visual is just priceless! :lol: :lol:

And I thought I was a madman when trying to break through frozen soil. You have got to love this hobby! :D

BOLO be on look out for mad handaxe/metal detecting wielding man from the land of the blue nose. He is usually armed (2 I think) but not too dangerous unless your are a lost coin Or token. LOL Great finds.
TN Hunter

Leslie,
I just wanted to add that we missed your post for the last couple of months. By "we" I mean my wife and myself. She has tolerance for my hobby of metal detecting and thats about it. (I have not found a gold ring with diamond yet. :P) When I laugh out loud she knows I am reading one of your post. She will request that I read aloud to her, and always enjoys your adventures (stories and photos). Thanks again you are one of a kind.

Jack & Jenifer :yes:

yo Cyberbouy

From the land of the Bluenose.....thanks for the kind words. Found after 33 years at this hobby it's about getting out and having a good time with some friends. glad you get a chuckle now and again! keep on swinging and while doing that do a singing...life is good behind the coil! :wow:

Back
Top Bottom