I really want to find...

ahardy17

...that coffee can of silver quarters my friend's grandmother buried when she was a kid.
I just need to find out where she lived

It sound like you have a good lead to go on. I would be hunting like mad with that infomation. Dont give up on it :grin:

Having found my second cache last month I was asked to check out a garden for another fairly modern lost savings 'hoard' prior to a house being sold.
Again an older person not trusting banks/paper money.
This time a glass jar had been used which kept the contents in mint condition. As well as the one ounce fine gold Krugerrands there was also all the gold rings/chains etc that had past down through the family.
So I would never ignore any hint, you just don't know what's going to pay off.

Attachments

• Sil004.jpg
    Sil004.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 673
Hi there!
Those Kruger Rands are from South Africa. Could you please send them back! My address is........ :lol:

ahardy17 said:
...that coffee can of silver quarters my friend's grandmother buried when she was a kid.
I just need to find out where she lived

ahardy, all the information you need to find this jar of quarters is...
1. The US Census
2. The grandmother's first and maiden name
3. The area they lived in.

Tracking people is much, much easier than people think. Once you have a census record (ie 1920, 1930) you will have the grandmother's father's name. Go to the town assessor and pull his tax record, or a property record. You will know exactly where they lived.

Wow! That would be so cool. Do your research and you might strike it big time.

given your age someone in your family or friends of your relatives might help good luck if you know the ladys name you can research that

I know just how you feel!
My uncle put all his pocket change in mason jars and burried them in the back yard when they got full. He hid money in the walls of his house which they found when they knocked his house down. My daddy is trying to get permision to hunt the property right now to see what we can find.

Back
Top Bottom