Question on the x terra 705

John 71

The 705 comes with 7.5 coil. They make a 3khz coil. Would that be better to find silver coin with?

In theory the 3 kHz should work best.But I’ve found The 7.5 kHz to be great at coins.I never saw any advantage to the 3 kHz myself,aside from the digger coil being 6 inches and better separation.
The 10.5dd my coil is great tho,it’s deep,great separation and Not bad to swing at all.That Coil would be my choice.
The 705 is a excellent machine,it’s so feature rich I can’t believe more people don’t use them.

The lower freq. is better on silver but The mid freq. is a good general purpose coil, If your only trying to find silver I would say try out the 3khz

The 3khz might hit harder on high conductor coins, but it might not separate to good.
I used the 18khz on mine, but i was hunting small low/mid conductors which it was very good at.
It's a nice quiet running machine and it didn't suffer much from iron wrap from memory, probably a lot of signal filtering going on at the top end of the ID scale though.

The 3khz might hit harder on high conductor coins, but it might not separate to good.
I used the 18khz on mine, but i was hunting small low/mid conductors which it was very good at.
It's a nice quiet running machine and it didn't suffer much from iron wrap from memory, probably a lot of signal filtering going on at the top end of the ID scale though.

The lower freq. is better on silver but The mid freq. is a good general purpose coil, If your only trying to find silver I would say try out the 3khz

Lots of good info here

Back
Top Bottom