First short hunt with the 800

Ron 71

Forum Supporter
Well I was finally able to get out for a quick hunt with the new Equinox. I wish I could have stayed longer but due to other commitments I was only able to get in about 2 hours. I set up in park 2, 5 tones, rec speed 7, iron bias 3, sens 23. This thing really couldn't be any easier to set up, that was one thing I was a little worried about, when it comes to technology I'm a bit slow...:grin: The spot I hunted I have found lots of good stuff at in the past but good readable targets have become scarce. This spot is one of the few "dig it all" spots I have just due to past finds, 14k ring, 3 .925 rings, many old buttons including an old scoville militia button, many other sterlings and a few silver coins. The last 5 or 6 times Iv'e hunted here I am averaging approx 2 coins per hour and it's been a lot longer than that since Iv'e pulled anything I would consider a keeper out of here. I know it's way too early to make any assumptions after only a couple hours but today I pulled up 18 coins in 2 hours, only 2 were shallow, the rest were all 5-7 in. deep. This thing is like my X-Terra on steroids, CRAZY fast! I feel that my time with the X-Terra has set me up to easily learn this machine and it's the most confident I have been in a machine so far after 2 hours in hand. Well I didn't get my coil over any keepers today other than clad but I did find one very interesting piece of junk, It looks like a bushing of some sort with an inner and outer ring. The Equinox sounded off on both of them, I couldn't believe it. After pulling it from the hole covered in dirt I went looking for the second target I was hearing and got discouraged when it wasn't there. After brushing the dirt away I noticed the two rings with a rubber bushing between them, Pretty impressive IMO, I know it's just junk but it gave me some idea of what this thing can do that my X-Terra can't. I really can't wait to get the water proof headphones and dunk this thing. :yes: Until next time Happy Hunting everyone!

P.S I did find one silver 63 Rosie today...... In my change at Dunkin Donuts.
I'll take it!

IMG_1295.jpg
IMG_1296.jpg
IMG_1297.jpg

That's a ball bearing. Inner and outer race with the balls captured between and rubber seals

Nice first hunt Ron,and congrats on the nox..I thought the same thing,after using the xterra so much it made the nox a piece of cake..I know some think the xterra is beneath them but those guys just never put the time in to learn how great it is..The nox is like a souped up xterra

Thank you TNSS for all the testing and sharing of info you do! It has been very valuable info and has made for good reading while I waited for my 800!

I'll bet after you get about 40 hours on the detector, you can go back and reread, and you'll be saying to yourself ah ha, I saw that, etc

You are welcome.

Nice first hunt. I have to play aroumd with the settings, my first hunts I just used Park 2 without any modifications

Glad to see you got to try your new toy. Ain't she sweet ? I enjoy mine a little more each time I hunt with it. HH Mark

Nice first hunt Ron,and congrats on the nox..I thought the same thing,after using the xterra so much it made the nox a piece of cake..I know some think the xterra is beneath them but those guys just never put the time in to learn how great it is..The nox is like a souped up xterra
Thanks WB! I'm keeping my 705 for sure but it's looking like it will be my backup. I'm very impressed with this Equinox!
Great start with your new Nox. I am sure when you have the time, you'll do even better. Congrats and keep it up. You'll love the NOX.
Thanks Ron, I love it already
Nice first hunt. I have to play aroumd with the settings, my first hunts I just used Park 2 without any modifications
Thanks yacorie, I have a lot of learning to do as well, should be fun!
Glad to see you got to try your new toy. Ain't she sweet ? I enjoy mine a little more each time I hunt with it. HH Mark
Thanks Mark, I can't wait to get some all day hunts in with it, I'm very impressed so far.
I'd call that a strong first hunt.

Thanks aaronc, Hopefully I'll pull a keeper outta here soon.

Congrats ron, I have never used a minelab other than my sovereign so the nox is a little strange to me but Im getting to know it better each outing.

Back
Top Bottom