Detector frequency and battery life

Trashman

Does a lower frequency use more power?
The battery life on my V3i is substantially less when left in 2.5 frequency mode.
Makes me think of numerous older machines that used numerous 9 volt battery packs that ran low frequency.

Not sure about the freq thing but running no disc so your audio is always going WILL,worse on some than others....

Does a lower frequency use more power?
The battery life on my V3i is substantially less when left in 2.5 frequency mode.
Makes me think of numerous older machines that used numerous 9 volt battery packs that ran low frequency.

Your question,,,the first above,,,can be misleading.
Meaning it is very possible for a 6khz detector to use less power than say a 10 khz.

Now,,as far as the same detector,,,where it has multiple freqs available,,,,yes.

Your observations mirror mine to the tee,,,when I did run a V3i.

Do you have tx boost on when using 2.5khz?

Frequency is unrelated to power. However white's may have purposely increased the transmit power when in 2.5 only by design.

Do you have tx boost on when using 2.5khz?

Frequency is unrelated to power. However white's may have purposely increased the transmit power when in 2.5 only by design.

Sure about that,,freq transmitted has no relation to power consumption??

I will find the Deus manual,,,,you know what it says,,as far as using different freqs?

My V3i depleted battery faster in 2.5khz,,,even with no tx boost on,,vs other freqs.

See page 32 here.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/images/update_deus/User_manual_UK_V3.0_WEB.pdf

Sure about that,,freq transmitted has no relation to power consumption??
Yes, watt is a measurement of power as in mW transmit power.

2.5khz at 1mW is same amount of power as 50khz at 1mW.

Now detector designs themselves may use different amounts of power at different frequencies due to changes in transmit power or other internal operations but it not because of a frequency difference.

The lower frequency is, the more wire is used in coil production. More wire requires more amperage outgoing to coil. More amperage means higher power consumption.

High frequency coils arу produced with less amount of wire -> lesser power consumption

Back
Top Bottom