tried the racer yesterday

relichead

Banned
my buddy brought is new racer over to my house, and we fooled around with it in my test garden that i set up for my at pro, ...all i can say is wow...if only it was waterproof and still was the same price i would consider sellin my AT and buy one...i have pennys ,nickles,dimes and quarters burried at 4",6" 8+" the makro hit everything my AT hit....BUT on the deepest coins , the makro hit harder and alot more consistent....for the money i dont think u can go wrong with the racer if waterproof isnt important to ya...

Yes the detector, for whatever reason does seem to bring a tone many times that makes you stop in your tracks. A tone that comes in the speaker/headphones real fast/abrupt.

I still have mine. I decided the 15"x13.5" is not for me, so that will be for sale. The little coil is really only useful in super trashy places. I need to test it at the only early 1900s park within a few miles. Then I will decide if I need the micro-coil. The stock coil is of course best for most places & seemingly about as deep as almost anything. George (MN)

Back
Top Bottom