Equinox 600 depth

For those new to the Carrot...applying pressure to the tip by pressing it into the dirt will result in a false signal. It is NOT a digging tool. The scraper edge is for sifting around in loose dirt already removed from the hole,not for tunneling through rocks!:grin: Just a bit of humor to get some folks headed in the right direction with minimal headaches...

Hi, I am one of those who do press the tip of the Carrot on top of the soil after locating the target (not digging with it) and it will chirp then go solid when directly over the target, this allows me to dig as small a hole as possible. I haven't able to accurately pin point with the Nox 600 yet but the Carrot gets me so much closer.. Flip the sod, stick it in the hole or in the sod flap to know where to look next..

Still a novice at this so I go with what works best for me... But I'm all ears to learn a better technique or something new to try that is more efficient and effective.

Cheers

The number of people concerned with “depth indicators” and “pinpoint buttons” always amuses me. I use neither and probably wont update my Nox as these seem to be the main fixes that bothered people for whatever reason that is beyond me.

I don't always use them either but they are effective tools to use for certain situations. For pinpointing a target I often do both the wiggle back method and the push button pinpoint and make sure they agree , this may not be necessary but in trashy ground it helps me paint a mental picture of whats beneath the surface. I look to the depth indicator when I am primarily looking for what might be silver , as inaccurate as that meter can be it still gives an extra layer of information in deciding the likelihood of an older target. Once I got some practice doing it I can go through the whole process in less than a minute so its not really taking up much extra time.

But everybody has their own method , what works for them.

The number of people concerned with “depth indicators” and “pinpoint buttons” always amuses me. I use neither and probably wont update my Nox as these seem to be the main fixes that bothered people for whatever reason that is beyond me.

Detecting silver on edge was addressed in the update I believe. Leave them in the ground. We like that.

Back
Top Bottom