Four bullet types from cavalry site (ID on one please?)

VetStudent

Howdy y'all! I don't make enough time to hunt and haven't posted in a while but I managed to get in a short hunt on a known Yankee Cavalry camp site.

I pulled six bullets and a flat button in a couple hour hunt and was very pleased that I dug a bullet I've not recovered from this site before. Can anybody identify it (the last one on the right)? I unfortunately do not have a caliper to measure. Thanks!

Attachments

• bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 217
The last one on the right is a 36 cal Savage. Really nice find.

Attachments

• IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 206
Thanks for the ID on the Savage, Reb! I need to get a set of calipers so I can go through and get some help to identify all of the bullets that I've found. In total, from this one site I have found ELEVEN different types of bullets!

Thanks for the ID on the Savage, Reb! I need to get a set of calipers so I can go through and get some help to identify all of the bullets that I've found. In total, from this one site I have found ELEVEN different types of bullets!

Hey, buddy, that is a good spot you have. The Navy Savage is a special find. You are not likely to find a whole lot of them.

Great finds. :thumbsup: Congrats!

Get yourself an inexpensive digital caliper so you can measure them accurately, and weigh them if possible so you can id them correctly.

Back
Top Bottom