double golden eyeball find!

007tallguy

Elite Member
what's better than walking down the street in the city and spotting GOLD just laying there waiting to be picked up? finding TWO pieces! :D

i was at work this afternoon, not even metal detecting and i happened to spot something yellow-ish laying in the crack in the cobblestone sidewalk. when i bent down to check it out i spotted the other earring about 2 feet from the first one!
double 10K and no digging involved, LOL! they're small, but still gold! :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking,
Pete ;)

Attachments

• 20170704_133515.jpg
    20170704_133515.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 339
  • 20170704_133752.jpg
    20170704_133752.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 266
what's better than walking down the street in the city and spotting GOLD just laying there waiting to be picked up? finding TWO pieces! :D

i was at work this afternoon, not even metal detecting and i happened to spot something yellow-ish laying in the crack in the cobblestone sidewalk. when i bent down to check it out i spotted the other earring about 2 feet from the first one!
double 10K and no digging involved, LOL! they're small, but still gold! :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking,
Pete ;)

Good eyes... these days the only gold I find is in parking lots Pete... found my third piece of the year in wally worlds parking lot two weeks ago.. a 4 gram 14k mangled herringbone chain.. been waiting for a surf and parking lot thread to throw up but haven't been doing any beach hunting :D

Thanks Craig! And I've seen that you've been hitting the turf quite a bit lately.... doing great with it too! :yes:
I haven't been out as much as I'd like to be but I did hit one of my go to beaches Sunday and managed to score about 7 bucks, including a 3 coin-$5 spill. ;) I love our 1 and 2 dollar coins, hehe. Can't wait till the $5 coin comes out, ha!
And I've recently gotten permission for an old property just a 1/4 mile from my place that has some great potential...... an old church beside it, the old one room school house was right beside it, a general store was nearby..... so yes, it's got potential for some older finds! It's either been too wet or too hot to hunt it right now so I'm saving it for a fall project, lol.

Last edited:
Matching earrings are a tough find, almost never happens!

yes, it's quite rare for sure! the only other time i've found both was on the beach right at the towel line. someone either took them off for tanning purposes or they went for a dip and forgot about them on her towel, lol.

Nice eyes! Congrats on the gold.

thank you Sweeper! the amazing thing is they were in an area where a bazillion people walk every day and no one else spotted them, not even the panhandler who was sitting with his back to me no more than 20 feet away! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom