Civil War Gold!

61chip

Elite Member
Went on a pre hunt to the JGD Kelly's Ford Hunt with MoBob, Spectra1, and another digging buddy of Joe at an undisclosed civil war ford on private property -- with permission of course. At the top of a hill along the road from the Ford I found my first gold ever!. Totally unexpected find with my G2+. I was stunned when I dug it, then figured it had to be plated or brass. Swung a little more then couldn't stand it any longer so I showed it to my buddies. They were sure it was the real deal. Took it to my local jewelry today. They confirmed 18 K and 4.3 grams! They said no way to tell the age but it was well worn. Also dug a couple spencers, fired pistol bullet and one other piece of lead.

And for the beach crew --- it "fits"

Attachments

• IMG_20170324_22257.jpg
    IMG_20170324_22257.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_20170324_7659.jpg
    IMG_20170324_7659.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_20170324_58786.jpg
    IMG_20170324_58786.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 606
Hey buddy , we all were pulling lead and buttons, and when I witnessed you pull the ring out I could'nt believe it , but being where we were digging civ , would have to believe it was an officers pinky ring , they were sometimes issued to them. I would have to say out of the relics we were digging, that was the relic find of the day. Congrats buddy , and once again had a blast in Va. with you Ed, and Joe.

Hey buddy , we all were pulling lead and buttons, and when I witnessed you pull the ring out I could'nt believe it , but being where we were digging civ , would have to believe it was an officers pinky ring , they were sometimes issued to them. I would have to say out of the relics we were digging, that was the relic find of the day. Congrats buddy , and once again had a blast in Va. with you Ed, and Joe.

Thanks buddy. Probably will never know for sure, but I think chances its CW period are very good. Jeweler in town said no reason to think its not, based on where it was found, and the amount of wear and tiny scratches on it. Had a great time with you on our road trip and digging!

Back
Top Bottom