Good Scoop

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
I made this scoop in March of 2011.....Figuring I'd do a quick dirty job just to test the concept out...Ordered two Ice scoops from some kitchen supply place for $30 total, figured I better get two just in case the first effort fails...Cut all the aluminum with a woodworking jigsaw, used some of that Alumaweld and a propane torch to tin the joints and front edge....All the components are dovetailed and keyholed into each other, so its held together more by tension than the 'welds'....:lol:

I've been using this thing very hard, year round even hammering through frozen sand with it as if it were a pick...seems to work just fine...easy to do...I hunt Lake Michigan and inland lakes with sand/mud/gravel or rock bottoms...I've been waiting for this thing to break so I can do a proper job on a new one..make it cleaner looking and take some time with the holes etc...
Mud

Attachments

• scoop 1.jpg
    scoop 1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,043
  • scoop 2.jpg
    scoop 2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 947
  • scoop 3.jpg
    scoop 3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 961
  • scoop 4.jpg
    scoop 4.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 997
  • scoop 5.jpg
    scoop 5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 949
Wowed

Great job. I have learned, the more time you put into a tool refining it and making it look better the quicker it breaks. Lol!

Great job. I have learned, the more time you put into a tool refining it and making it look better the quicker it breaks. Lol!

Ha! You know, this would be a fun project for a club to do!...its pretty fast and simple...takes maybe 2hrs tops to cut/drill and assemble everything...I really have to take the dimensions of the flat stock aluminum and do a little drawing..it would be super easy then..I'm gonna take that other scoop I bought and do a better job on the next one...for a backup or something...thanks guys..Hey Airscapes, I need to fit my 2001 chevy prism with that outfit! I hunt some tough areas!:lol:.
Mud

Nice

Mud,

Nice job on that scoop. I prefer making something over buying it. I made a pvc scoop that is functional but really like yours better. I'm guessing yours is much lighter.

Thanks for posting the pics and description.

Tony

Like the scoop MP.. looks very good, now we need to see some yellow!!

Back
Top Bottom