Very corroded coin!

mikie2084

I found a coin today thats the same size as a penny, its so corroded I cant see any detail at all. Its in olive oil rite now to maybe loosen some of the corrosion. This site has produced wheats in the teens, a 1910-V nickel, 8 mercs, 3 buffalos, one a 1913 type 1, and a silver quarter. The problem I have is no other wheats have been this bad, so im thinking it might be older. How can I clean this and what could it be?

Thanks

Mike

I thought about that but ive found pennies ranging from 1910-2010 and no other coin is this bad. Its like it has growths on it, so I thought maybe just maybe its older!

These are some of my 2008 "reject" pennies that also had "growths" on them. This is how wonderful I got them to look after hours of tumbling! These z-Lincs I have also noticed start getting lower VDI numbers the worse they are.

Attachments

• 2008 Reject Pennies 1.jpg
    2008 Reject Pennies 1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 3,598
With coins being made of metal like these, in thirty years or so they will all melt and no more coin shooting!!:shock:

These are some of my 2008 "reject" pennies that also had "growths" on them. This is how wonderful I got them to look after hours of tumbling! These z-Lincs I have also noticed start getting lower VDI numbers the worse they are.

Who would clip all those zincolns just to make a buck? :lol:

those are some knarwly pennies....but i have a bunch too.....:)

1 out of my 5 coins

Hey I found a Zincoln yesterday along with 4 other coins at a local school. I hates to see many junk Lincolns when seeing the fellow MDers finding those ugly zinc pennies. Bad decision by our US Mint to make copper-plated zinc pennies back in 1982 in order to save money by not buying full copper blanks. I knew this fact as a numismatist(coin collector). It sucks to find a junk penny like this!!!

I've got a lot of those pennies !!! Are banks required by law to buy them back ??

Back
Top Bottom