Minelab Customer Service

Boondocks

I have had an AtPro for awhile but I've really been wanting a saltwater machine. I decided to get an Excalibur ii but I was nervous about it because I have read some less than stellar comments about the Excal's durability and the lag time getting one fixed. Anyway, I decided to go for it and ordered one from Serious Detecting and it was delivered on Monday the 3rd. I put it together and put on the AA battery pack I bought and hit the backyard. OH NO, the headphones are obviously broken. I started calling Serious Detecting and couldn't get them (not their fault) and thought "I have made a horrible mistake", then I called Minelab. That is why I am writing this for anyone thinking about buying a new machine, Minelab was awesome! I told them what happened and who I bought it from and they immediately sent me a 2 day air shipping label and had me send it to them. In addition, I told them that we were going to the beach that weekend so they paid to next day air me a brand new one when they got my machine on Thursday and I had it early Friday in time for the weekend. Last but not least they had their rep reach out to Serious Detecting and see why they weren't available to me. Serious Detecting called immediately and they were great and very apologetic. I mentioned before that it wasn't their fault about the phone but the biggest thing that impressed me was that Minelab cared enough to reach out to their vendors to make sure they are taking care of their customers. I know this is a new unit but for now I am very impressed with Minelab. I hope we have a long happy relationship and I thought y'all might want to know.

Now that's customer service , congrats to you and thanks Minelab !
Positive post are Good for Sponsors , manufacture's and helps member's .
GL ,,,,,,HH

Did you charge the battery? Volume and threshold are different, make sure you have the volume set high and then turn the threshold until you can just hear a bzzzzz. If you did all that sorry for suggesting otherwise...

I had an issue with a faulty attachment for my CTX and they replaced it immediately, no questions asked. I have dealt with both minelab and fisher and they were both top notch.

I super skimmed the read but saw, "Minelab was awesome."
I can't agree more.
I had bought my CTX through that big store down in Florida. Everyone knows "that" store.... When I 1st started using my stock 11" it was erratic as heck. I thought it was a learning curve or something. Then I bought a 17 and it was wonderful. Used it exclusively. Then I went on a nose deep ocean hunt and needed that 11. Erratic again. Also erratic on the dry... Frustrated I borrowed a buddies that was there at the same time and their's was smooth as butter. Ok, must be a bad coil. I called "that" store. They gave me a RMA # and a phone number... I called the number which was Minelab's headquarters. They said send it back. I said whats the turn around time? They said we don't repair coils or even trouble shoot them. We get your old one and send you a new one. Simple as that. And thats EXACTLY what they did. Machine is wonderful now... EASY BREAZY..:cool::cool::cool:

Wow that's awesome. I too recently bought an Excal and this is very reassuring.

Wait until your machine is out of warranty. THAT'S when the fun starts with Minelab Customer Service. You'll be waiting three months just to get the seals replaced. :mad:

R5

I have had an AtPro for awhile but I've really been wanting a saltwater machine. I decided to get an Excalibur ii but I was nervous about it because I have read some less than stellar comments about the Excal's durability and the lag time getting one fixed. Anyway, I decided to go for it and ordered one from Serious Detecting and it was delivered on Monday the 3rd. I put it together and put on the AA battery pack I bought and hit the backyard. OH NO, the headphones are obviously broken. I started calling Serious Detecting and couldn't get them (not their fault) and thought "I have made a horrible mistake", then I called Minelab. That is why I am writing this for anyone thinking about buying a new machine, Minelab was awesome! I told them what happened and who I bought it from and they immediately sent me a 2 day air shipping label and had me send it to them. In addition, I told them that we were going to the beach that weekend so they paid to next day air me a brand new one when they got my machine on Thursday and I had it early Friday in time for the weekend. Last but not least they had their rep reach out to Serious Detecting and see why they weren't available to me. Serious Detecting called immediately and they were great and very apologetic. I mentioned before that it wasn't their fault about the phone but the biggest thing that impressed me was that Minelab cared enough to reach out to their vendors to make sure they are taking care of their customers. I know this is a new unit but for now I am very impressed with Minelab. I hope we have a long happy relationship and I thought y'all might want to know.

Maybe this is a trend that will continue. I know it's been a big block for me to consider getting a CTX...

Just a few hundred more positive notes, and I'll probably jump on the wagon. The problem with bad customer service is that you have to really FIX it, before anything changes in the market. Good for them.

Back
Top Bottom