Cycle waterproof headphones

groundhog53946

Elite Member
I would like to get some waterproof headphones for my CTX 3030. Using the search function here it seems that there is really only two choices. The yellow minelabs or the grey ghost amphibians or did I miss some other choices. Based on what I've read here, neither seems very popular. Any input and opinions welcome. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should read CTX Stupid autocorrect. New phone and I haven't trained it yet

I dont dive but did a little use of snorkel when helping Joe with the GGA testing. The GGA have improved waterproof wise since then. Since i DONT dive with them what ive found is i just need them water resistant and loud. So Joe showed me how to make my own and i coat the piezzos with aquasound. They will take a dunking once and awhile. What you need to know also ..... they require the use of 3 pins for the two wires not just two if you use a CTX connector or you will barely hear them. Im sure you can modify a pair from say a blue Xcal or other machines with a CTX connector. You just have to know .......one wire one pin, one wire with a jumper to two pins and which pins to connect to. But Joe has a video on that.

Water resistant ones...... you might check out Harolds phones. Heard they are loud. Think he sells them in the classifieds.

Dew

I would like to get some waterproof headphones for my CTX 3030. Using the search function here it seems that there is really only two choices. The yellow minelabs or the grey ghost amphibians or did I miss some other choices. Based on what I've read here, neither seems very popular. Any input and opinions welcome. Thank you

I think they are grey ghost for the ctx. Amphibians have volume controls and are usually plugged for the AT Pro. You can buy amphibians and have Kellyco change the plug. Most just buy the ctx version but complain they are not loud enough. I have both and I can tell you the amphibians are very loud.

The Grey Ghost divers have a volume limiter in them, you can use the Grey Ghost Amphibians with the volume switch on the master ear muff, just have the 3030 connector installed on them so they work on the 3030, I had it done on mine.

If the grey ghost divers have a limiter in them, has anybody tried to remove "said limiter"

Yes those are your two choices unless you want to make your own or modify them. I have the GG for the water and just regular waterproof ear buds for the beach. The GG are a bit on the low side but I don't find it an issue.

If the grey ghost divers have a limiter in them, has anybody tried to remove "said limiter"

Yes. OBN has posted the directions. It looks pretty easy but any mod to the GG does void their warrany (if you care).

Back
Top Bottom